Drum stick

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Anglesachse

Anglesachse

MK-Havanne Rollerball kit and beech wood.

Attachments

• IMG_6320.jpg
    IMG_6320.jpg
    143.4 KB · Views: 338
  • IMG_6321.jpg
    IMG_6321.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 318
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Anglesachse

It doesn't look like you turned the drumstick at all. Did you get a kit that matched the drumstick dimensions?
Hi Nick,

The kit I used is from a German supplier and is based on the Panach (hourglass) kit.

I wanted to use original drumsticks but the problem I have is, I cannot drill with my Lathe and therefore I cannot be a 100% certain that I have hit the middle of both parts of a cut drumstick.

I simply copied the form of the drumstick that is included in the first photo. The wood is 24mm beech dowel, Drumsticks are normally made from maple.

jttheclockman

Andrew, where were you when the contest were just going on?? Man your work would have won you some prizes. I like how you think. Out side the box and creative. keep it up Look forward to seeing more. No problem copying shapes. That is what we all do. very nice and that would be a very nice gift for that special music person.

vtgaryw

Very nice! I bought a nice set of drumsticks off of eBay sometime ago to make a pen with. If only I could figure out where I put it.... :-(

gary

Anglesachse

So, "she who must be obeyed", saw the drumstick.
Yes that is very nice, but don`t they come in pairs?
Yes, I say but I don`t have a Fountain pen kit for the second one.
Then buy one, she said.:eek:
OK, she Must be obeyed, I have to give some out money for my hobby.
Here is the result:

OK, there is a slight difference in the end of the stick, but I put it down to "Artistic license".

Attachments

• IMG_6335.jpg
    IMG_6335.jpg
    157.7 KB · Views: 145

Paul in OKC

Those are great. I have a co-worker that gave me some old drum sticks a bit ago and I have though of making him a pen out of one. Thanks for sharing. Now I have an idea to what his might look like!

Top Bottom