(Drum roll please...) First JR Gent!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Marc Phillips

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marc Phillips

Ta Da!

After sending poor ol Lyle a bum check and still getting the pen kits, I figured what the heck... turn one!

I did have some trouble... mostly with the size of this kit... this is one big ol pen!

I am glad I got this one out of the way... and this will be my carry-around-pen now...

BLO, then CA, and finally buffed...

Have at it gang :D

1stJRGent.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

lwalden

Nice looking finish. I need to try and get back to working on my CA finish attempts soon- just can't seem to get consistent results that look as good as yours. Good looking pen.

BigRob777

Bubinga? Pink Ivory? It looks a bit light for chechen, though the cap looks like it could be that. Nice work, though a tad bulbous for my taste. Is this the same as a baron? There seems to be a gap on the bottom half, at the cap, underneath. Is that something that is typical? I'm not experienced with anything this big either. It looks nice though. Better than my stuff.
Rob

Marc Phillips

Thanks for the comments all... I don't know what the wood is... The pic makes the wood look just a tad more red than it actually is. I got these blanks a long time ago, and they have just been sitting since... the blanks look really plain, so I never bothered to use them, but there is a lot of grain and figure that shows up after turning a little..

emtmike

It seems a little "off center" at the cap. Hard to tell. Is there a gap?

My wife has the same idea "I must still have money, theres still checks in the check book"

Marc Phillips

Originally posted by emtmike
<br />It seems a little "off center" at the cap. Hard to tell. Is there a gap?

There's no gap... but it does dip down slightly where the lower barrel meets the centerband... just an "oops" as I was turning it... [:D]

Marc Phillips

Originally posted by Skye
<br />I'd say a tinge bottom heavy, but a sweet lookin pen! Is that a dyed wood?

Thanks for the comment.... I appreciate it... but I don't get it!

I will be making more of the Jr Gents now, so I wanted to make sure i knew what you meant by "bottom heavy" .... the lower barrel is too thick?... or?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom