Dregs

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from keithbyrd

keithbyrd

Here is a pen I made from pouring bits that are left over from pours. Since it is the bottom of each cup I'm calling it Dregs. It was kinds of fun seeing how it would turn out! What do you think? No comments needed about the bubbles in the middle!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.9 KB · Views: 373
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

stonepecker

Keith, I really don't see them but if they bother you let me know and I will PM my address to you and you can ship it out so you don't have to look at it anymore.

Where did you get the kit from and what is it's name if I may ask. That is just a perfect fit with that blank. (I like the name also)

keithbyrd

I'm still trying to decide if its ugly or cool or maybe both!!
It is a flat top double twist from Beartooth Woods 416/B-SC-CHR-1

Last edited:

endacoz

what kit is that? It looks nice and defined.

The pour looks good! I am getting into casting this month and was thinking recently, when i mix Id rather have too much than too little, but what do i do with the extra resin.... Great example for me

Also, What mold did you slowly pour this into? if you used alumilite did you put this mold in the pressure pot each time you poured?

keithbyrd

what kit is that? It looks nice and defined.
Thanks for the comment! Look at the comment above - I provided the kit info.
The pour looks good! I am getting into casting this month and was thinking recently, when i mix Id rather have too much than too little, but what do i do with the extra resin.... Great example for me

Also, What mold did you slowly pour this into?
I just used a pen blank mold made out of delrin
if you used alumilite did you put this mold in the pressure pot each time you poured?
I did use alumilite but did not put in the pressure tank. There are a few little bubble that showed up in the middle from one of the pours. I just kept the mold out and when I had a little left over I poured it in. No problems with the bubbles except in some green I poured in. Not sure why.

keithbyrd

correction to my answer!

Here was my answer!
I did use alumilite but did not put in the pressure tank. There are a few little bubble that showed up in the middle from one of the pours. I just kept the mold out and when I had a little left over I poured it in. No problems with the bubbles except in some green I poured in. Not sure why.[/QUOTE]

Here is my correction!
My mistake -:redface: I turned what I thought was a good blank from this mold and it was full of bubbles! Next time even the small amounts I pour in go in the pressure tank!

Top Bottom