Drama

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wizard

wizard

Made it this A.M. Took a break from a custom pen I'm making and made this for a patient who is an actor. It's one of Jeff Powell's Rotacrylic blanks called Drama that I got from Exotics. It's on a BlkTi/Rhodium Jr. Statesman Rollerball. This is the second time I've used this blank..the first was a custom fountain pen that... the more I looked at... decided that it was one for the "practice" pile. Had fun making this one. Thanks for looking. Doc:)

Attachments

• Drama.jpg
    Drama.jpg
    41.8 KB · Views: 172
  • Drama_1.jpg
    Drama_1.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 281
  • Drama_2.jpg
    Drama_2.jpg
    18.4 KB · Views: 143
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

LOL..Since no one commented and this thread felt lonesome having zero comments...I thought I'd comment to have at least one. Hey, learned that I still remember how to make pens that have components....does that count? .LOL..felt a little strange using CA glue and gluing tubes in..Doc

dansills

I love it!! I am getting ready to order one of these and appreciate your posting.
I am with you on the lack of comments. I logged on this am to get my daily dose of SOYP and was shocked that so few were posted yesterday. I'm thinking football maybe interfered with IAP activity?

Robert111

I Plead Ignorance!!!

I didn't see this post. :redface: No comments so it dropped out of sight fast. Anyway, that's an impressive pen, Doc. Jeff did an amazing job on that design. I'm sure the recipient will use it proudly.

PenPal

doc,

Lets face it twice I have been torn between laughter and tears, darkness in the main tone of black prompted me to say I have chosen laughter and a sense of ying and yang, in other words to believe in the reality of life where shadows exist as a mystery or to balance lightness.

A guy I went to school with in Primary etc through to High School related how he frightened all sorts of terror one night after meeting, on the way home late in a forested area he slipped away and hid from me after a while calling in a strange voice my name this to my wife said after 70 yrs perhaps to make out I was flawed. No secret I was scared stiff.

Your pen does not have that effect I see a perfectly normal thespian meaning in the design intent that should invoke kind thoughts and appreciation to and from the receiver.

Thoughtfulness shared a sure recipe for contentment. my recent 78th anniversary allows me the privilige of hindsight, a memory to laugh at so many to cherish or dismiss along the way.

No greater pleasure than to plan and execute that plan for another. Lets hear the result of your labour.

Kind regards Peter.

mredburn

IAP Activities Manager
Staff member
As always great job on the pen. One of the fall out from the "like" button is less posting in your thread and so it slides to back of the pile rather quickly.

Charlie_W

Very nice!
I do have a question about Jeff's blanks as not having seen one first hand.
Does his cut go all the way through and have the reverse image on the back or does he use a split blank and then glue back together?

Thanks

Top Bottom