Dragon in Blue

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from workinforwood

workinforwood

I like this one much better than the faux flame colors. The dragon is much more visible, and I glued the tube in the right spot this time! Colors look nice to me, like a partly cloudy day of impending doom. I know it's like I'm fixated on dragons, but they make really good money!

Attachments

• dragon 003.jpg
    dragon 003.jpg
    69.2 KB · Views: 290
  • dragon 004.jpg
    dragon 004.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 218
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

marcruby

Jeff;

Nice pen! Did you make the blank as well? How do you cut in the dragon - scroll saw, grinder...? Will I ever stop asking questions?

Whoops! I found your other thread. Answered my own questions...

Marc

Last edited:

hewunch

I am having a hard time seeing it, mail it to 13..... and I will take a better look.

Just kidding. Looks awesome! Did you glue the dragon to the tube then cast or what?

workinforwood

Marc, it is scroll cut. If we have a meeting at my house in late winter, I'll show ya'll how to do it. It only goes half through the pen and is not glued to the tube. You can see a blank behind the pen, it is like any pen blank. I offered up a few of these blanks at an extremely low price, but was no interest. No problem for me though, the pens sell fast, especially to the 20-30 age group.

Last edited:

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Jeff, when I saw your previous one, I honestly didn't see it, maybe it was the photo. But this one is superb and I love it!!!
If you ever consider making a blank ( hint hint )with green and white resin with a red dragon, PLEASE let me know.:wink:

Cheers
Steven

workinforwood

You want a matching red flame pattern cut all the way around and covering the lower half of the lower barrel too? That would be cool and totally possible. What's your inside width in standard measurements upper and lower barrel...ie upper 1/2" wide is a JR Gent tube. Important questions, especially with Skippy custom pens!

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
Jeff, that sounds great!!! :biggrin: If you could come up with a few variants ( say 5 ) to suit approx Jr sized tubes, I'd be very grateful. Just let me have a cost (plus shipping ) either here or via PM and I'll paypal it as soon as you want.
Many thanks

Steven

Top Bottom