Dragon acrylic

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from workinforwood

workinforwood

Here's my first couple attempts with alumilite. Dragon from corian, and a pine cone euro. The pine cone looks great to me, the Dragon needs improvement. For one, he's not centered right...didn't push tube up far enough my fault, but mostly the dragon and especially the wings are lost in the acrylic. The black corian had some white flecks in it, next time I'll use a solid color, and the wings are good, but too light a color. I do like the alumilite though...it's perfect for someone like me as it's idiot proof!

Attachments

• cone 002.jpg
    cone 002.jpg
    47 KB · Views: 542
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bitshird

Beautiful castings, I like the Orange blank the Dragon? the pine cone looks pretty good as well. I have a ton of pine cones in my yard, but I think they are the wrong kind for casting.

workinforwood

There's a wrong kind of pine cone? I have so many kinds of pine tree's around it's rediculous. I think they are all great! The tough one's I find though are the ones that are only about an inch long and 1/4 or less diameter and they grow in a tight cluster on white pine tree's I think. They look great, but I can't seem to harvest them without crushing them.

karlkuehn

Banned
Whooooo! Very cool! I've been working with something like that, but yours is way better! Very cool idea, I can't wait to see more! :D

And for the two-cent's worth: Alumilite sucks. heh...had to open my worm can for the week.

Beautiful work!

workinforwood

I love the alumilite Butch, it turns super easy and is pretty much idiot proof. I did an experiment cast on wood on a tube and had no air bubbles at all and the resin stuck to the wood. This is good news. Phoenix required so much labor I can't afford to have air bubbles. I have also upgraded some equipment to make better more precise parts for the modified cigar portion of the project. I will not likely get around to making a new Phoenix until January, as the rush is on for Christmas inventory and Christmas gifts.

Top Bottom