Dragon

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from jasontg99

jasontg99

This is a Jr Emperor to be exact. I asked Roy to have Jessie make me a dragon pen and this is what she came up with! The bock nib is also from Roy. Before making this pen I did not know the Jr Emperor used the same tubes as the other Jr series pens. When I received this blank I thought an emperor and dragon would go together perfectly. I know...the photos aren't that great.

Attachments

• IMG_1444.jpg
    IMG_1444.jpg
    24.7 KB · Views: 384
  • IMG_1446.jpg
    IMG_1446.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 335
  • IMG_1450.jpg
    IMG_1450.jpg
    38.1 KB · Views: 335
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Lenny

That's a hard kind of pen to photograph with the art work flowing around the pen but I can get an idea of what it looks like .... and it looks Fantastic!

Mapster

What a spectacular pen! Definitely need to look into one of those... Roy, I think you should keep a few of these in stock.

Or at least try :wink:

SDB777

Photo won't do it, but I bet if you were to rotate the pen by hand while shooting a short video......maybe?

Fit-n-finish seem to be great from my seat! Well done.

Scott

jasontg99

Photo won't do it, but I bet if you were to rotate the pen by hand while shooting a short video......maybe?

Fit-n-finish seem to be great from my seat! Well done.

Scott

Scott,

That is a thought. I use JohnnyCNC's bushings simply because they are so accurate.

Thanks for all the comments so far! I have one more to do. Not sure what kit I am going to use yet (It is the other one pictured on Roy's site). Roy says he has some more dragon blanks coming. You all will have to beat me to them though!!!

Jason

wizard

Jason,
WOW!!!! I don't know how I missed this! That is absolutely a masterpiece inside your masterpiece of a pen !!! I've got to try one of those..Thanks so much for sharing! Doc:)

jasontg99

So beautiful! how did you get the tubes to line up?

The easiest way I have found to line up tubes is to complete the cap first. Screw the body piece into the cap. Line up the two as close as you can and then press the body piece into the body. Does that make sense? If not I can take some step by step pics later this week. Just send me a PM if you are interested.

Thanks again for all the great comments.

Jason

PTownSubbie

Bring that over! I want to see it first hand!

We can also take some pics of it. I have a decent setup to at least get us close for some good editors.....

Nice pen!

jasontg99

Bring that over! I want to see it first hand!

We can also take some pics of it. I have a decent setup to at least get us close for some good editors.....

Nice pen!

Will do Fred. Guess I know what I am doing this weekend. :tongue: And thanks! I needed to come by and pick up that blank you made for me anyway...and bring back your tap holder. :redface:

Jester777

Wow, so happy to see all the wonderful comments! I adored painting the dragon and coming up with a unique original design to really capture the "Year of the Dragon". Thanks for the comments and to Jason for sharing! Did a fantastic job putting it together :)

Top Bottom