Downunder

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from minus459

minus459

G'day guys and gals, I love looking at the pens on here and finally got up enough guts to post one myself. It's an Australiana Siera (kangaroos on centre band) dressed with Banksia Pod.
banksia.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

robutacion

G'day guys and gals, I love looking at the pens on here and finally got up enough guts to post one myself. It's an Australiana Siera (kangaroos on centre band) dressed with Banksia Pod.
View attachment 46504

G'day minus,

I will be damn..., that's the first pic I see of one of my pod blanks into a pen, FINALLY...!:biggrin:

Great job, and quite nice looking...!

I didn't know about the kangaroos put on a centre band, was that from David (Timberbits...???)

Now that you are here, keep up the good work and don't forget to show us...!

Cheers
George

jttheclockman

For a first post you make a splash. Very well done and welcome to the site. Don't be afraid to show us more of your work. It needs to be seen. As you progress in the pen turning aspect of things your shape and finishes will too progress. Thanks for showing and again welcome. :)

snyiper

Awesome!!! Welcome to the vortex here I am sure you will fit right in. Would you tell us where you got the pieces to make your pen?

kinggabby

Very nice pen .. just wish the photo was a tad clearer ( could be this ole cruddy laptop ) but from what I can see. WOW

minus459

Hello and thanks for the kind words, Kit is from Dave at Timberbits.com blank is from George aka robutacion.Hey george that took a hell of lot of work, but now worth every bit, ended up using mostly dreadnought file rather than chisels............still learning.

robutacion

Hello and thanks for the kind words, Kit is from Dave at Timberbits.com blank is from George aka robutacion.Hey george that took a hell of lot of work, but now worth every bit, ended up using mostly dreadnought file rather than chisels............still learning.

Hey, don't you know about the "Flap" disc technique yet...??? is like cutting butter on those ones, the main secret is keep soaking with think CA as you go and have "gentle" touch, that stuff is soft...!

But, you're right, it worth every bit in the end...!

PS: Don't forget to go on the "introduction" section and make a proper introduction of yourself, we already know you can do pens, what else...???

Cheers
George

Top Bottom