Down to the nuts and bolts of it

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Chatham PenWorks

Don't see many of these posted. I wonder why. Makes a cool looking pen, I think. All C&C welcome.

image-906457418.jpg

image-2630593399.jpg

image-1451184596.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ossaguy

Those look great!!!

I'm a mechanic,so I was thinking about making one.I too think they look really neat.How do you like that kit,& any tips?

Steve

jttheclockman

You did a nice job with it but it is not a kit I would even want to try. Looks too industrial to me. If i am going to use a nice blank I want something classier. I guess it could be for a certain group of buyers.

Dan Masshardt

I really like the look of the kit. I haven't tried it because the hardware feels flimsy (really lightweight) to me (looking at it at Woodcraft) for the otherwise tough looking style, although maybe its just supposed to be lightweight.

You did a nice job with it but it is not a kit I would even want to try. Looks too industrial to me. If i am going to use a nice blank I want something classier. I guess it could be for a certain group of buyers.

Thanks. It is definitely a different style. I think it's thematic, without being cheesy. Figure it will only appeal to a certain segment, but the appeal could be very high for them. Worth a shot at a few, since I was able to get in on a group buy when I got them.

I really like the look of the kit. I haven't tried it because the hardware feels flimsy (really lightweight) to me (looking at it at Woodcraft) for the otherwise tough looking style, although maybe its just supposed to be lightweight.

I had the same first impression. The components look a lot heavier than they are. They do seem to be quality components, though.

OOPS

I have made a few of these and don't really think it should be limited as a "mechanic's pen." It has that industrial look, but with a quality blank they really look classy. I made some when they first came out and it seems that the "nuts" were really heavy and made the pen top heavy, or at least that's my impression. I believe the design was changed at some point, as they don't seem so heavy, which in my opinion, was an improvement. Anyone else notice this?

I have made a few of these and don't really think it should be limited as a "mechanic's pen." It has that industrial look, but with a quality blank they really look classy. I made some when they first came out and it seems that the "nuts" were really heavy and made the pen top heavy, or at least that's my impression. I believe the design was changed at some point, as they don't seem so heavy, which in my opinion, was an improvement. Anyone else notice this?

I got these when there was a group buy from BTW. The finial and clip probably weigh more than all of the rest of the pen. The clip is surprisingly heavy.

Top Bottom