Douglas Fir Pen / Pencil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from KDM

KDM

Haven't made up a pen in a while, so I thought I'd restart with a simple one. Hah! My mistake. This stuff is an interesting soft thing with hard bits. Close to the bushings, if we aren't careful, the wood fibres can start to twist and become a bit unsightly. Happy enough with the result, though.

Can anyone spot the difference between the two kits?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wizard

Ken, Love the set..very fitting with the gold components! Can't tell the difference other than a small step down on the nib section of the pencil..just a guess...:rolleyes:. Doc

cwolfs69

i like thos colors. subtle but stand out. classy looking. did the bodies get swapped, top of pencil on bottom of pen etc.

ALA

The pencil nib has a indented ring around it. The pen doesn't...or that could just be the light. I like them both either way.

azamiryou

The plating's not the same color on the two kits. The left one is more yellow, the right one is more red. Is the one on the right copper? Or it could be 24k and 10k, or one is gold and one is titanium?

Also, good looking pens! I've always loved the Euros.

76winger

I too see a slight reddish color on the nib and centerband of pen on the right, but the clips look the same. Also see a ridge around the nib on the left that's absent on the one on the right.

Sent from my iPad using Forum Runner

KDM

did the bodies get swapped, top of pencil on bottom of pen etc.

funny you should mention that. I can't remember the last time I made a Euro, but I thought the long tube normally went at teh bottom, witht he mock cap being the short tube. Yeah, i do thin kthese are upside-down, but that's not it.

KDM

The pencil nib has a indented ring around it. The pen doesn't...or that could just be the light. I like them both either way.

i believe you are correct. that is not the light, it is a ring. they have different nibs.

Yeah. Theyre completely differnt kits. One if a pencil (obviously) and has a much sharper edge on teh centre band and a ring on the nib. insterestingly, it's also an 8mm tube whereas the pen is a 7mm. Had to make special bushings for it!

KDM

The plating's not the same color on the two kits. The left one is more yellow, the right one is more red. Is the one on the right copper? Or it could be 24k and 10k, or one is gold and one is titanium?

This is also true. I don't know if one if "better" than the other. They were both just calle "gold". Certainly the pencil cost about 50% more than the pen!

Top Bottom