Double tube size ZEN

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Jjartwood

Jjartwood

If you hang enough stuff on a pen sooner or later someone (usually someone you don't want to disappoint ) will ask to cast a favorite item onto one.
A very good friend asked that I hang a NY transportation token he had (his father was a bus driver and had kept it) I wanted to keep the depth of the coin for the full effect but was limited by the thickness from the tube to finished size.
In order to give me more working depth in the PR I decided to try cutting the Zen tube and inserting a 5/16 center insert,this is the first attempt,I think with a little refinement I may be able to fit his full coin,If nothing else I can hang bigger stuff on the tube.
Mark.

Attachments

• IMG_1435.jpg
    IMG_1435.jpg
    24 KB · Views: 205
  • IMG_1436.jpg
    IMG_1436.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 165
  • IMG_1437.jpg
    IMG_1437.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 171
  • IMG_1438.jpg
    IMG_1438.jpg
    17.2 KB · Views: 142
  • IMG_1439.jpg
    IMG_1439.jpg
    22.3 KB · Views: 152

jttheclockman

Not sure what we are looking at or what you are attempting to do but looks good and hopefully you still have the strength needed to keep the pen all together when modified. Take some progress photos as you attempt this. It maybe of help to others for other things too.

Jjartwood

Hi John,
The center of the pen is a 5/16th tube sectioned in, the sparkles garbaged up the detail (too much added) but the center piece is still visible,I was trying to show the added depth of PR to work with,The copper strips are actually the original tube while the painted center section is the 5/16 sectioned,sorry about the poor pictures.
Mark

Top Bottom