Double dovetail cigar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from low_48

Status
Not open for further replies.

low_48

I keep talking about getting ready for Louisville, but this is my first national symposium. I thought I'd better have a pen worth using there, and of course have something for the pen makers open rotation.
Here it is, a walnut/hard maple double dovetail cigar. I made these blanks quite a long time ago when I was inspired from this group. The double dovetail was cut on an Incra Jig. The finish is CA.
Rich

20066212014_doubledovetail.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

thetalbott4

Cool! Great work. My brother has an incra jig and does those types of joints on boxes. I never considered it for pen blanks. Duh! There all kinds of possibilities there.

low_48

Thanks everybody, I'm with you JimGo. I wasn't sure I could still do it either[;)] I'll want to do alot of turning when I get back. Besides, I think every square inch has wood sitting on it around here. I have been thinking about renting one of those POD temporary storeage deals for more lumber.[}:)]Nope, I think it's time to turn!
Rich

Nolan

very nice I think you just inspired me to turn the one I glued up about a 6 weeks ago[:D] Guess I now know about what it will look like
Nolan

angboy

Very nice pen! And like someone else said- especially to someone who does other types of woodworking and could appreciate the dovetail joints, it would be a doubly perfect gift! [:)][:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom