Double Crossed Black Baron

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ravenbsp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ravenbsp

Here is my latest attempt at not super-gluing my fingers to a project. Comments are welcome! Its made from African Blackwood, the laminate material consists of 3 sheets of veneer, mesquite sandwiched between sheets of curly maple.

2006336955_Black_Baron.jpg

20063361028_Black_Baron2.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rifleman1776

The final look is too busy for my tastes. But consider the source, I am not a fan of 'busy' looks. But the work and the laminations are excellent craftsmanship. Actually, I wish I could do that. I can't even visualize how it is done. Got a big gap in my right brain (or is it left brain) creative area.

nilsatcraft

I have to agree with Frank. It's a beautiful pen and extremely well done but a bit busy on the bottom barrel for my taste. That having been said, I have a really hard time lining my cuts up half as well as you did. All in all it's an awesome pen with some great craftsmanship. Nice work!

Ron Mc

Bryan,
Very well done! Do you have another piece of Blackwood that you can turn another bottom out of? I would love to see this particular color combination with a solid color lower barrel.

Ravenbsp

I tend to agree with the bottom of the pen. For some reason I just couldn'leave it alone. I do have quite a bit of ABW, so I may take a look at the alternate configuration. I appreciate the input and opinions!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom