Double Closed end Segmented El Toro

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from vick

Status
Not open for further replies.

vick

This pen is made from the El Toro kit. The woods are Morado and <s>Brazilian Cherry</s> ( dont know what I was thinking I remembered today the accent wood is actually bubinga)with maple veneers.

Alright I lied about the double closed end but you get the idea.

20081187326_CherryMoradoPen.jpg

Comments and critques are appreciated.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

alxe24

Aside that I love that kit and anything made with it will apeal to me yours looks marvelous. It looks finely made and very elegant. Congratulations

alamocdc

Very handsome pen, Mike, but I've come to expect nothing less. Like Cav illuded to, very simple, yet elegant and it has a very warm look to it. Any chance of seeing it closed?

wood-of-1kind

Originally posted by alamocdc
<br />Very handsome pen, Mike, but I've come to expect nothing less. Like Cav illuded to, very simple, yet elegant and it has a very warm look to it. Any chance of seeing it closed?

Cav, would've alluded [:D]

-Peter-[:)]

gerryr

Mike, it's good to see you posting some pens again. I generally like the El Toro/Little Havana and this is one is great, maybe the best I've seen.

Tuba707

Really nice job - you have done some creative, yet simple and classy, segmentation. I am sure that it will sell quickly. I really like the end - is it one piece, or does the end unscrew? Either way, it looks great.

*This message checked for accuracy and precision of language as the Spelling and Grammar Nazis are present in this thread*

[:D]

Tanner

Beautiful pen Mike!! Nice job on the segmenting. I have not done an El Toro, you've inspired me to order a couple from Bill. The closed end gives that kit some nice length.

vick

Thanks everyone I appreciate the feedback.

Simomatra- The El Toro is a Berea kits and can be found at lots of places I usually order mine from AZ Silhouette.

I really have not done hardly any pens since I upgraded to a bigger lathe, but as Jason mentioned I am doing a demo at our club next month so need to have some examples and some practice so I don't embaress myself to bad.

I will probably post quite a few pens in the next month or so.

vick

Originally posted by Tuba707
<br /> I really like the end - is it one piece, or does the end unscrew?

Sorry forgot to answer your question in the other post. The top of the cap does not unscrew. I turn a tennon on the final that fits tightly into the tube. I drill out the tennon so that it is hollow and that gives the nib enough space. I stick the parts together and turn it on a pin chuck as one piece so that everything fits nicely. On final assembly after finishing the final is glued in place.

OKLAHOMAN

Just so happens that the Little Havana and the El-Toro are one of my favorites and you really did that one up the best I've seen.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom