Not open for further replies.

Chuck Key

200511201953_BLUE2.jpg

200511201948_BLUE.jpg

Full Size View!! Click Here

Chuckie

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Deere41h

Hey John....That's one nice looking pen. I think the Penache is going to be a fun kit to make a type of designs. <b>I like it...I like it!!</b>

Chuck Key

Appreciate all the comments. The blank is one of the 5/8 inch Acrylics from Woodbin. I called it a Panache but the only part I used from the kit was the center connector. I did not use any other parts from the kit, no brass tubes, no end caps, no kit nib section/refill etc.

It would be great if we could just purchase that style center connector somewhere along with the nib section that is available from a couple of places. If the two were combined in a kit it might sell as a "Free Style Pen Makers Kit". Course it is availabe now but the total price is $12.00 to $15.00 for Panache kit and fountain pen nib section.

Chuckie

Chuck Key

Originally posted by alamocdc
<br />Chuckie, let me tol' you a kweshun. Why no tubes? Is there an advantage I'm unaware of by going tubless?

Not sure there is any advantage but the tubes are rather useless in this application. Normally, brass tubes do a couple of things such a provide a means to press fit the nib and final during assembly and to provide stregth in those areas to hold the nib and the clip assembly. When I drilled this one I left the extra material taken up by the tube and left room for a slight press fit for the center section. I did put just a drop of CA on in the area to be sure the center section is held in place.

I meant to mention I did not use a mandrel or bushings either [}:)]

Chuckie

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom