Double Closed End El Toro

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from vick

Status
Not open for further replies.

vick

Anthony must be a bad influence! This is an El Toro that I made and is only the second resin pen I have ever done. I have in the past stuck to wood pens but I have decided to branch out due to something I want to try that will only work with plastic. The material is the tobacco swirl resin from CSU but I just got some lucite rods in the other day and can't wait to try those

20064237501_ResinOpen.jpg

200642375017_ResinClosed.jpg

Forgive the pictures but I did not feel like setting up my photo booth.
Comments and critiques are welcome.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

Well, excellent work as always Mike, but I have to agree with Jonathan about the CB, it just doesn't look right on this one. I think the only place that CB looks OK is on a regular El Toro. I really like the shape of this one.

alamocdc

That really looks nice, Mike! But you know I have to raz you about the hidden clip again... or should I say lack thereof? [}:)][;)] See, here's the problem, once you've begun doing certain things, people just come to expect it every time. [:D]

PenWorks

To borrow Ed's line....
"Wood is good, but plastic is fantastic"
Very nice pen Mike, next thing you know, you will be turning
some Cave Creek Castings [:p]

vick

Thanks everyone for all of the comments.

For all of you that do not like the center band I personally like something to break up the line in a style where the cap is a larger diameter than than the body. The plain ring style of this center band I am very fond of. I do appreciate others opinions though so keep letting me know when you think something looks off. Even if I do not change the style it gives me something to consider.

I am planning on making the same design basically but with the body and the cap being the same diameter and leaving off the band.

Billy - regarding the hidden clip. I got the supplies I was waiting for and actually did one with a hidden clip, but I did not like the way my lamination turned out so I never pressed parts into it. Also I wanted to see how a new clip attachment method I am using for these would work so the cap is going to take some abuse before I do another one. Besides I try not to be a one trick pony, I think of myself as a teo trick pony [;)].

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom