Double Closed End Cigar Pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ruby pen turning

This is my first double closed end pen I have made. As someone on IAP has done this already, I had to give it a try, it is by no means perfect but I am very happy with it. I do not have any cigar bands unfortunately so it does not have one.
The body is of course Honduran rosewood burl and the ash is buckeye burl it has 10 coats of CA and the hardware has been countersunk to make it invisible.

Thanks for takin a gander any comment good or bad are welcome

Attachments

• IMG_4780.jpg
    IMG_4780.jpg
    51.8 KB · Views: 368
  • IMG_4781.jpg
    IMG_4781.jpg
    46.5 KB · Views: 332
  • IMG_4782.jpg
    IMG_4782.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 263
  • IMG_4784.jpg
    IMG_4784.jpg
    48.7 KB · Views: 271
  • IMG_4785.jpg
    IMG_4785.jpg
    55.9 KB · Views: 319
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

el_d

Looks great....
I really like those. I got one sitting on my work bench that Im waiting to get a collet chuck to finish.

What kit did you swipe the innards from?

aggromere

Very pretty wood and outstanding finish. Not sure of the look you were going for but if you notice, the joint is tapered inward not providing a flush seal. some of the cigar pens I make have to be perfectly straight at the joint so it is less conspicuous. I made some washers out of scraps that I put on my closed end mandrel and tighten them up against the joint end before I sand. that keeps you from sanding the edges down and makes for a flush fit. Not sure if that something you wanted to go for, but that is what I shoot for.

Well I had thought of leaving the edges straight and would have rather done it that way but I kept thinking of the sharp edge that would be there, where they butt together and opted to taper them. The next one I will go with the flush look.:good:

Top Bottom