Double closed end Black Rose OUCH!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Ruby pen turning

This is one of my own cast resins on this double closed end with Jr Gent coupler. Until it has been turned down and polished it was unseen but then it was seen:eek: the dreaded paint peel on the tube. It is not that bad which is why I went on and finished the pen which is beautiful besides those 2 spots. Also at the end of the tube there is a line all the way around which is visible.
thanks for looking. Comments are welcome.
IMG_6126.JPG
IMG_6125.JPG
IMG_6129.JPG
IMG_6128.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
Nice pen. The dust is also distracting. I would eliminate that rough sawn slab and, polish the pen for the camera. Krylon paint for plastic bonds well with the inside of the blanks. FWIW.

Nice pen. The dust is also distracting. I would eliminate that rough sawn slab and, polish the pen for the camera. Krylon paint for plastic bonds well with the inside of the blanks. FWIW.
So should I get rid of the slab for all my photo`s ? I think it looks of but if it does not to other as you say I would like to know this. As for the dust I try my dangest to get rid of it but we live in the country and dust is every place:confused::confused::confused: and as for the finger prints our air is out .... well it was out, it was 92 degrees in here. A little cooler at night but been at least 92 in here since Thursday night. So my excuse is sweaty hands.:biggrin:

SCR0LL3R

Yes, that is a REALLY NICE pen!

I ordered some blanks from Ruby and just got them in last week.. I hope I can turn 'em out as nice as this!

Dalecamino

Local Chapter Leader
So should I get rid of the slab for all my photo`s ? I think it looks of but if it does not to other as you say I would like to know this. As for the dust I try my dangest to get rid of it but we live in the country and dust is every place:confused::confused::confused: and as for the finger prints our air is out .... well it was out, it was 92 degrees in here. A little cooler at night but been at least 92 in here since Thursday night. So my excuse is sweaty hands.:biggrin:
My bad! I thought the dust was off the slab. Keep it! And let's hope it cools off for you. NICE pen!

t001xa22

In addition to adding my compliments on the casting, I would like to thank Chuck for his comment about using Krylon for plastics paint. I forgot about that kind of paint when I was struggling to reverse paint my turned blanks. I will definitely try that.

Top Bottom