double closed end

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mickr

mickr

I had to repair a closed end pen and was stymied as to how to accomplish it...then a light bulb went on...this double closed end is the result..it was turned on a REGULAR PEN MANDREL..yep, the hated pen mandrel...no closed end mandrel..no homemade pin chuck.....:biggrin: The holiday cards (take your pick on which you would like) are sent to all..Happy Holidays

Attachments

• DSCN0849.jpg
    DSCN0849.jpg
    47.5 KB · Views: 264
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dustmaker

I am trying to visualize how you make a closed end with a mandrel, but the result speaks for itself. That is fine work!

mickr

Looks like you did a fine job in the repair.
My ability to describe & explain apparantly is very poor...this is not the repaired pen..this is a new pen that was able to be turned on the normal pen mandrel..the light bulb is a rare:confused:, but fun thing and it keeps me turning

mickr

I am trying to visualize how you make a closed end with a mandrel, but the result speaks for itself. That is fine work!
I'm with you Frank..it's like the magician..once you know the secret he/she knows, it seems so simple it's ridiculous:rolleyes:

cnirenberg

My ability to describe & explain apparantly is very poor...this is not the repaired pen..this is a new pen that was able to be turned on the normal pen mandrel..the light bulb is a rare:confused:, but fun thing and it keeps me turning

No problems, I run on fluorescents, they are always dim....My bad. The pen looks great. I'm a big fan of the double closed end, and I think you (still) did a great job of it.

mickr

So can you share your mandrel discovery so the rest of us mere mortals can attempt the trick at home?
Yes, I will do it, once the holidays are over..I will need to take a few pictures and write some text, and don't have time now.....thanks

Top Bottom