dos euros

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from its_virgil

Status
Not open for further replies.

its_virgil

I needed a couple of pens as gifts and remembered I had won some euro kits at the Rendezvous in Provo a couple of weeks back. They are black chrome and were given by Bear Tooth Woods. Thanks Earnie! I made these two this afternoon. They are nothing special, just wanted to share. Comments welcome: good, bad, or indifferent.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

20066273943_two%20euros.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BigRob777

Don,
What do you mean they're nothing special? I think they are both awesome specimens. The materials are sweet and so is the turning. You may very well have gotten me interested in euros. I've never liked them before. Well, Jimgo did one that I liked too. Nice work. What is the wood in the bottom pen?
Rob

its_virgil

Thanks guys.

Rob,
The acrylic, actually celluloid is from CSUSA. It is a 5/8 INCH RED/WHITE/BLACK CELLULOID and the number is 050-0101 and is $2.99

The wood is a piece of bocote that I got in an assortment from Woodcraft when I first started turning pens. It was a 5/8 blank and I decided to use it on this euro...it too small for the larger pens. Euros are nice pens. I actually like the 8mm ones that use parker style refills. These two are 7mm and use the cross style refill. I may just have to make a few more euros. Thanks Rob.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by BigRob777
<br />Don,
What do you mean they're nothing special? I think they are both awesome specimens. The materials are sweet and so is the turning. You may very well have gotten me interested in euros. I've never liked them before. Well, Jimgo did one that I liked too. Nice work. What is the wood in the bottom pen?
Rob

its_virgil

Thanks John, William and Glenn. By nothing special I meant is wasn't a closed end, barley twisted, maple and walnut segmented, hidden clip baron or something. I too like that red/black swirl celluloid (and it's just $2.99). Its amazing how nice even the simpliest of kits can look with the right material and plating. That's lwhy I shared. Thanks for looking and commenting.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by johncrane
<br />GOOD JOB ROB

mick

Don great pens!!! I also like the Euros. That red /black / white is one of my best sellers. I like it too for the $2.99 price......lol

its_virgil

Thanks Mick. I've been missing you on the Tues nite chat. Have you tried out the new format and I just missed seeing your name?
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by mick
<br />Don great pens!!! I also like the Euros. That red /black / white is one of my best sellers. I like it too for the $2.99 price......lol

its_virgil

Thanks Mark. If you like the euro then these black chrome kits go nicely with many materials. I guess "basic black" works with making pens as with choosing clothes. Be sure to tell Earnie that his donation to the Rendezvous was responsible for your ordering thses kits and thank him again for his continued support of this penturning event.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by ligget
<br />Look special from over here, great work as always Don.[:p]
Need to get those black chrome kits next time I order from Ernie.

its_virgil

Just a guess, but now you must show us when you're finished with it.[:D][:D][:D]
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by bjackman
<br />
Originally posted by its_virgil
<br />By nothing special I meant is wasn't a closed end, barley twisted, maple and walnut segmented, hidden clip baron or something.

Don......
How did you know what I'm working on ???? [}:)]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
<br />Thanks John, William and Glenn. By nothing special I meant is wasn't a closed end, barley twisted, maple and walnut segmented, hidden clip baron or something. I too like that red/black swirl celluloid (and it's just $2.99).

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Why,......for JUST $2.99, I'd even accept a BAD one out of every 20 or so (and have!!!)

Don, the black kits I have used have had a black center band ring (yours has chrome). Did you "modify" or is Ernie's kit different?(BTW, I LIKE your way!)[8D][8D]

its_virgil

Thanks Ed. The kits are just how they came from the pkg. I did no modifying. I too like the chrome ring. Don't know if it comes in gold or not. I'm a bit confused on your last comment in parenthesis: I like your way! But, I'm a little dense at times.
Do a good turn daily!
don
Originally posted by ed4copies
<br />
<br />Thanks John, William and Glenn. By nothing special I meant is wasn't a closed end, barley twisted, maple and walnut segmented, hidden clip baron or something. I too like that red/black swirl celluloid (and it's just $2.99).

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Why,......for JUST $2.99, I'd even accept a BAD one out of every 20 or so (and have!!!)

Don, the black kits I have used have had a black center band ring (yours has chrome). Did you "modify" or is Ernie's kit different?(BTW, I LIKE your way!)[8D][8D]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thanks both Mike and Don. And Don, the parentheses meant I like the chrome ring better than the "all black" that I have. Will have to order that.

Ernie's gonna get to like my credit card!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom