Doodle me this...

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Brooks803

Brooks803

Finished these up to go out with some other commission pens. I've made the smaller version of these and like them so I decided to give the full size a try. For my hand they're perfect but I think I'll need to make some in both sizes for those with smaller hands.

First up is made with one of my Combustion blanks. Reverse painted black.

DSC02954 (585x700).jpg DSC02959 (558x700).jpg DSC02956 (694x700).jpg

Second is done in one of my Vintage Blue blanks. Reverse painted with a medium blue.

DSC02961 (573x700).jpg DSC02968 (555x700).jpg DSC02970 (575x700).jpg

Thanks for looking!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
There's a man living in the cap on the Combustion blank :eek:! He looks a little Sketchy.....:biggrin:

As always Jonathon these are outstanding! You have a great gift for bringing out the most amazing color blends. Very nice work.

wiset1

Your work is so alive and jumps off the screen like I could reach out and hold the pen. As always, great work and while the vintage blue will always have a place in my collection the RED really steals the show here! Awesome work

Timebandit

Love em both, but the blue has got me, my favorite color!! Beautiful!! I love how close you get to Bakelite. Never seen anyone else be able to recreate that vintage Bakelite look, but you got it!!! I could literally just sit and stare at it all day, its mezmerizing!

Brooks803

WOW! Thank you EVERYONE for the kind comments! It really makes me :biggrin:

Those are stunning Jonathon. You make some of the most AMAZING blanks.

Thanks Harry! I should have mentioned that these wouldn't have been possible (atleast for a couple weeks) without your generousity of sending me the bushings!

There's a man living in the cap on the Combustion blank :eek:! He looks a little Sketchy.....:biggrin:

As always Jonathon these are outstanding! You have a great gift for bringing out the most amazing color blends. Very nice work.

Lol...I try to stay out of the way! I try to block out the glare by standing off to the side. Guess I got caught in the wrong spot!

Your work is so alive and jumps off the screen like I could reach out and hold the pen. As always, great work and while the vintage blue will always have a place in my collection the RED really steals the show here! Awesome work

Thanks Tim! Yeah the blue will always have a special meaning for me. It was the very first blank I ever made like this and it start this whole whirlwind of casting for me. The flame blank is just killer!

Amazing blanks. Almost like you captured a photo of fire and another of some melting icecaps. So when do they go on sale?!

Thanks! I just saw that you're pretty darn close to me. If you ever want to come out you're more than welcome.

Love em both, but the blue has got me, my favorite color!! Beautiful!! I love how close you get to Bakelite. Never seen anyone else be able to recreate that vintage Bakelite look, but you got it!!! I could literally just sit and stare at it all day, its mezmerizing!

Thanks Justin! So glad to see you on here! If it'll help with with your slump I'd be happy to send you some of the blues to try and get the movitation flowing :wink::biggrin:

jyreene

WOW! Thank you EVERYONE for the kind comments! It really makes me :biggrin:

Those are stunning Jonathon. You make some of the most AMAZING blanks.

Thanks Harry! I should have mentioned that these wouldn't have been possible (atleast for a couple weeks) without your generousity of sending me the bushings!

Lol...I try to stay out of the way! I try to block out the glare by standing off to the side. Guess I got caught in the wrong spot!

Thanks Tim! Yeah the blue will always have a special meaning for me. It was the very first blank I ever made like this and it start this whole whirlwind of casting for me. The flame blank is just killer!

Amazing blanks. Almost like you captured a photo of fire and another of some melting icecaps. So when do they go on sale?!

Thanks! I just saw that you're pretty darn close to me. If you ever want to come out you're more than welcome.

Thanks Justin! So glad to see you on here! If it'll help with with your slump I'd be happy to send you some of the blues to try and get the movitation flowing :wink::biggrin:

You're on, just let my wife have this baby first and I'm sure in no time I'll be free. It only gets easier once you have three boys right?

Timebandit

Might just have to take you up on that offer, though it may still be a while before i can get them flowing, with the move coming up:mad:

Brooks803

Awesome pens!! I just love the brown one!! Looking forward to meeting you :)

Thanks Toni! I'm looking forward to meeting you as well!

I don't remember you giving me one of those blanks? must be in that special box under the work bench you hide from me!!!!

Hehehe...They're actually in the OTHER special box under the work bench :wink:

Brooks803

Might just have to take you up on that offer, though it may still be a while before i can get them flowing, with the move coming up:mad:

Well when you get done with the move give me a shout with the address and I'll see what I can do with the :present: :biggrin:

Top Bottom