Don't throw away all of that Christmas tree

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from low_48

Status
Not open for further replies.

low_48

I was reminded of this in reading the posts on Christmas presents. Made this bandsaw box two years ago. Always brings a smile, looks a little like a porcupine with all the bumps, but also looks somewhat like a burl. Just for fun!!!

Rich

20041226164652_treeboxrescale.jpg

20041226164710_treebox1rescale.jpg

its_virgil

Here's another idea that I've done a few times. As our friend's children get married and if they live here in our city I have gone over and cut a piece of the bottom of the trunk from their first Christmas tree as a married couple(must be real clever/creative as how to get it, watch the trash pickup and stuff like that), dried it and made a pen from it and given it to them as a gift later in the year. The pen is made from their first Christmas tree as a married couple and has been a wonderful gift. Well, I must be watching for tree disposals for two couples on my list for this year.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by low_48
<br />I was reminded of this in reading the posts on Christmas presents. Made this bandsaw box two years ago. Always brings a smile, looks a little like a porcupine with all the bumps, but also looks somewhat like a burl. Just for fun!!!

Rich

20041226164652_treeboxrescale.jpg
<br />

20041226164710_treebox1rescale.jpg
<br />

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Those are good ideas..

It surprised me this year how many friends that came to me with wood from 'that special tree' asking for pens to be made...

..whether it was relatives of theirs who had passed..,and even a couple who had built a log cabin and brought me a bag of oak pins they used to nail it together...the simple little piece of wood meant something..

JohnPayton

jkirkb94

I may have to go troll the neighborhood and see if anyone has dumped any real trees! Might just have to make a pen or so out of some discarded trees...if I can find any. Kirk[8D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom