Don't think I really like how this one turned out.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Drstrangefart

Drstrangefart

482997_389951484398256_1623191377_n.jpg

599830_389951511064920_359523265_n.jpg

This is another one I cast. I mixed it up and poured it halfway into the first pot of coffee of the day. I had set out to do bright opaque blue with black swirls, but the amber tint of the rein I'm using took over and dominated the blue. It's a VERY dark green which still looks okay, but not what I was after. You can see the definition on the black swirls if you look closely enough, but it's a really dark mess. I've been casting fiberglass resin (Doesn't contain fiberglass) from Home Depot because it was brought to my house for some other projects and I decided to see if it was viable. So far the resin HAS made pen blanks, but the colors are unpredictable, and will need ironing out. As far as I can see the primary virtue of this resin is that it's 35 bucks a gallon. It does behave a LOT like regular PR and if it cured out clear, it would be a home run. I will likely cast some more with it because the supplies are here. After it runs out, maybe not so much. It's been fun to experiment with, though. I did get the MKEP mix down right, and the blanks are nowhere near as soft as that first one was.

Top Bottom