dont look, it hurts!

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Glenn McCullough

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know! it hurts me too, to see a blank wasted on a cheapo kit, but I needed a couple of give aways and had these satin silver euro kits in the back of the box from a long time ago.
The top is juniper, got some in an assortment buy and the bottom was a BB freebee curly maple that I dyed myself...ok I tried using a blue Marks Alot, for shame. Oh well, someone will get a free pen.

71502144_Copy%20of%20satin%20silver%20euros2%20001.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

doddman70

Glenn,

very nice!! i'm not a huge fan of the euro but it is deffinatly one of my best sellers!! gota give the people what they want[:D] anyway how did you dye the maple? i tried once with some anylin dye but it did'nt turn out real good[xx(]

Shane

Originally posted by doddman70
<br />Glenn,

very nice!! i'm not a huge fan of the euro but it is deffinatly one of my best sellers!! gota give the people what they want[:D] anyway how did you dye the maple? i tried once with some anylin dye but it did'nt turn out real good[xx(]

Shane
I turned the lathe on at the slowest speed and made about 4 passes with a Marks alot phat marker, rubbed it in with blo, dried it, sanded, repeated this about three times with a finer sand paper each time to 1500 and thin ca then 2400 and then two coats of lacquer.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom