• LL2S.jpg
    LL2S.jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 789
  • LLC1S.JPG
    LLC1S.JPG
    96.6 KB · Views: 789
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Karin Voorhis

haha I thought I was going to see some vacation pics. good one. I really like the clip would like a thinner one. I am sure there is something way non PC about that statement. I didnt mean it that way though. where did you get it?

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
haha I thought I was going to see some vacation pics. good one. I really like the clip would like a thinner one. I am sure there is something way non PC about that statement. I didnt mean it that way though. where did you get it?
Thanks - Made this one. Carved it in wax and cast in sterling silver.

skiprat

Passed Away Mar 22, 2022
In Memoriam
:eek: I wanna meet the model:tongue:

Nice one Bruce. Is it a Fountain or Ball?( LOL, not that anyone will notice:biggrin: )

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
I thought that too..
....but I'm glad you asked, cos I don't know what celluloid is:redface: I thought celluloid was the stuff that old movie were made from:biggrin:
The very same. It was also used for pens, but is still somewhat of a flammable hazard, a pain to ship and which I think it is why most pen companies switched to other plastics. Americanartplastics.com has a few varieties. The ivory has a very similar grain to casein. Pretty easy to machine and smells like camphor. It also has a nice feel.

BRobbins629

Passed Away Dec 28, 2021
In Memoriam
That's a wow Bruce! do you use spring steel to fix the clip to the final. you also get my vote for the front cover!!
Thanks - no spring steel, just silver. I have used several methods in the past, but lately I've been making a washer style attachment with a tab and soldering it to the back of the clip. What I recently learned is that hardening the silver by heat treating makes a world of difference. 2 hours at 650 F does the trick for me. Its now my standard.

Top Bottom