The dollar

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from darbytee

Status
Not open for further replies.

darbytee

I posted here a couple of weeks ago about casting a dollar bill in resin and turning a pen from it. I decided that I didn't have the time for the learning curve on casting so I did this instead. There is a tradition in the Air Force that when you fly your first flight in a jet, your "dollar ride", you creatively design a dollar bill and give it to your instructor pilot as memorabilia. Most people put stickers on them or put them in a frame. I wanted to try to do something different. My instructor pilot is in the Navy (we're a joint training base) so I decided to use teak for the design. I cut, chamfered, and sanded the base before applying two coats of BLO. After it dried I decoupaged (is that a word??[?]) the dollar to the base and then put a mount for a pen that I turned out of the same block of teak. All in all it was a good learning experience and I think I was able to do something a little out of the ordinary. Thanks as always for looking.

2005222234957_dol.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

wdcav1952

Activities Manager Emeritus
Very innovative idea Fred! Did he try to convert you to the Navy so you could be a carrier pilot? You know, I always thought carrier pilots had bigger ****'s than brains! The airforce has a much better handle on how long runways should be. Continued good luck in your training!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom