Dohickey

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from theturningcircle

Winchester, Hampshire. SO22 5LB, United Kingdom.
Had some fun today with this Jn Gent in a new acrylic and one of YoYo's dohickey's. Easy to turn and finish and the colours compliment the blank well I think.:wink: Finish was down to 15000 MM and then buffed on the Beal system.

Attachments

• DSC00890.jpg
    DSC00890.jpg
    15.4 KB · Views: 266
  • DSC00892.jpg
    DSC00892.jpg
    12.6 KB · Views: 346
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

PaulDoug

That is nice. I bought some of those doohickey's sometime back but haven't had a blank or pen kit to put one on. When I do I sure hope I can do as nuce of a job as you did.

workinforwood

It's very nice! I have some small idea having read something about "dohickey", but not entirely clear and with the photo I can't quite tell what I'm looking at other than a finial that appears to have been through his crazy lathe. There is something imbedded in it right? Keep in mind, the finial and picture are small..it's not you as to why I can't see it.

It's very nice! I have some small idea having read something about "dohickey", but not entirely clear and with the photo I can't quite tell what I'm looking at other than a finial that appears to have been through his crazy lathe. There is something imbedded in it right? Keep in mind, the finial and picture are small..it's not you as to why I can't see it.

Try clicking on the photo. This will enlarge it!!!!!!!!!:wink:

Well yea, that's the first thing I did, and it did enlarge it, but I still can't quite tell what is inside that finial. It is very cool looking. Is it a flower?

Got it in one Jeff:). The dohickey's are made by Ed Davidson (yoyospin) and sold through Arizona Silhouette. If you go on Ed's site you will see exactly how to attach and turn them.
Ian

Top Bottom