Dog Pen Christmas Gifts

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Dick Mahany

Dick Mahany

My wife saw these dog themed pens and asked me to make a few Christmas gifts. They were actually fun and quick to make and a nice diversion for a change.

I tried doing a decal on one, of my son's Corgi, but the image just didn't work well enough. The blanks have a nice area that would work for engraving or a decal.

Attachments

• 3 Dog Pens resized.jpg
    3 Dog Pens resized.jpg
    282.7 KB · Views: 235
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

acturbo

My wife saw these dog themed pens and asked me to make a few Christmas gifts. They were actually fun and quick to make and a nice diversion for a change.

I tried doing a decal on one, of my son's Corgi, but the image just didn't work well enough. The blanks have a nice area that would work for engraving or a decal.

Nice I just got a few of these to try the other day. What did you use for the paw prints?

Dick Mahany

Nice I just got a few of these to try the other day. What did you use for the paw prints?

The blanks are lasered inlay blanks that I found at Wood n Whimsies online. They are pre-assembled with rubber bands securing all of the pieces. It took 2 coats of thin CA and 2 coats of thick CA to bond all of the pieces for turning. The blanks also have the correct sized tube inserted for the dog kits.

magpens

Just a concern that I have with the PSI Dog pen kit ...

The kits that I got have flaky clips ... once clipped onto my THIN pocket edge they had been "sprung out" and would not return. . This is not because of any bending of the metal of the clip but is a problem in design. . The clip is a separate piece of metal and seems to be somehow "anchored" internally by some folded metal or spring metal which "gives" and does not return.

I reported this problem in a review I did of the Dog pen kit but my review was not published ... probably for the reason that my honest review was not acceptable in the opinion of the review-vetting person.

Everything else about the kit is great.

Dick Mahany

Just a concern that I have with the PSI Dog pen kit ...

The kits that I got have flaky clips ... once clipped onto my THIN pocket edge they had been "sprung out" and would not return. . This is not because of any bending of the metal of the clip but is a problem in design. . The clip is a separate piece of metal and seems to be somehow "anchored" internally by some folded metal or spring metal which "gives" and does not return.

I reported this problem in a review I did of the Dog pen kit but my review was not published ... probably for the reason that my honest review was not acceptable in the opinion of the review-vetting person.

Everything else about the kit is great.

Thank you for the heads-up on the clips. I'll need to look more closely at these as they haven't had any handling yet.

Knowing the people that will likely receive the ones I made, it probably won't be a problem as they'll be knocking around in the bottom of a bag or purse and never use the clip. :)

Chief TomaToe

Those pens look great! I would also like to compliment your photography skill as well. The lighting direction and background make the photo look very "dramatic" if that's the right word.

Top Bottom