Which do you prefer?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from SteveJ

Do you like it with or without the center band?

• I like the center band!

Votes: 21 33.9%
  • I don't like the center band.

Votes: 32 51.6%
  • I don't like a "slimline" no matter what it looks like....

Votes: 9 14.5%

• Total voters

SteveJ

The same pen, a Creekline from Smitty. Corian and some unknown burl. Finished with CA. Do you like it with or without the centerband?

Steve

Attachments

• Corianburlcenterband.jpg
    Corianburlcenterband.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 249
  • corianburlnoband.jpg
    corianburlnoband.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 248
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

BSea

I'm anti centerband on slimlines, creeklines, trimlines, euros, and any other offspring of the slimline. Although I do like how you have a piece of corian above the CB. That's a nice touch.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
Actually I voted "I don't like the center band" but that's not really accurate. On this particular pen, I like the way it looks more without the centerband than with but that would not be true in all cases.

flyitfast

Depends: Material, style, light or dark wood, shape, etc. Some pens look good with metal CB, some look good with contrasting wood CB, and some look good with with no CB. Modified slimlines are better with contrasting wood CB or no CB. And, of course, component-less definitely don't need a CB.
I guess I lean toward no CB.
.02 worth (with inflation).
gordon

Last edited:

Gass

I i'm Augusto....(Gus) from Italy....i make a few pens and i prefer without a center band....the slim....not the european.

The center band i like only if there are two different colours......

sorry for my english

Gus

BigShed

I voted no centreband, not because I don't like centreband but because I don't like the way the centreband is put on this pen.
I think the centreband being in the middle of the Dorian looks odd and I don't like the combination of the Dorian and the top material.
Sorry.

Smitty37

Passed Away Mar 29, 2018
In Memoriam
I i'm Augusto....(Gus) from Italy....i make a few pens and i prefer without a center band....the slim....not the european.

The center band i like only if there are two different colours......

sorry for my english

Gus
Don't worry about your English -- it's a lot better than my Italian.

BigShed

I voted no centreband, not because I don't like centreband but because I don't like the way the centreband is put on this pen.
I think the centreband being in the middle of the Dorian looks odd and I don't like the combination of the Dorian and the top material.
Sorry.

My apologies, I posted this reply last night from my Android Tablet and it has an annoying habit of knowing what I want to say better than I do myself.

It changed my Corian to Dorian, doh!:mad:

Must find out how to switch that off, if I am going to make spelling errors I prefer them to be my own!:crying:

Top Bottom