• IMG_6998.jpg
    IMG_6998.jpg
    59.4 KB · Views: 229
  • IMG_7006.jpg
    IMG_7006.jpg
    64.8 KB · Views: 173
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

bobleibo

I like that a lot! I'm becoming more and more a fan of leaving the wood in a semi-natural state with the finish. You let the wood speak for itself. Very well done.

robutacion

clipless semi-kitless black and white ebony

Wow, I don't dream black and white but I like your pen...!

I like the fact that, you created a very simple design but a very elegant one, I like the use of a blank that looks like spalting, one that looks identical to hundreds I have for various wood species and, that I hadn't seen in this type pen design before. congrats...!

I wouldn't call it black and white, unless the pic is tricking me, the colours is medium yellow, almost ocre.

The reason I say that, it looks like spalting is because, Ebony doesn't spalt, as far as I know, the line that resemble spalting are just a natural design of that wood combination, and if you haven't told us that was Ebony, I would swear it was some spalted wood of some kind, nevertheless, it is a magnificent well made pen.

As for the finish, I myself though that you kept it quiet matt or very low gloss, what most of us call the "natural wood finish" however, that is not so, most of the pics hide the gloss of the finish but, the ends on a couple of pics do show a deep gloss so, I'm to believe the finish on it is a gloss CA type finish, right..???:)

Anyone that wants to make a natural wood finish on their pens that, doesn't compromise the wood protection to dirt and other elements, can achieve that finish quite easy simply by using a stabilized blank, the stabilization process gives to the wood all you need...!

Cheers
George

OZturner

Glorious Pen Steven,
Love your Profile and Proportions,
Great Saving and Matching of the Grain high lights.
Excellent Fit, and Finish.
Inspiring.
Brian.

nappy155

thx for your thoughts..there is a thin coat of CA..i originally had it natural...it was a last minute decision.

clipless semi-kitless black and white ebony

Wow, I don't dream black and white but I like your pen...!

I like the fact that, you created a very simple design but a very elegant one, I like the use of a blank that looks like spalting, one that looks identical to hundreds I have for various wood species and, that I hadn't seen in this type pen design before. congrats...!

I wouldn't call it black and white, unless the pic is tricking me, the colours is medium yellow, almost ocre.

The reason I say that, it looks like spalting is because, Ebony doesn't spalt, as far as I know, the line that resemble spalting are just a natural design of that wood combination, and if you haven't told us that was Ebony, I would swear it was some spalted wood of some kind, nevertheless, it is a magnificent well made pen.

As for the finish, I myself though that you kept it quiet matt or very low gloss, what most of us call the "natural wood finish" however, that is not so, most of the pics hide the gloss of the finish but, the ends on a couple of pics do show a deep gloss so, I'm to believe the finish on it is a gloss CA type finish, right..???:)

Anyone that wants to make a natural wood finish on their pens that, doesn't compromise the wood protection to dirt and other elements, can achieve that finish quite easy simply by using a stabilized blank, the stabilization process gives to the wood all you need...!

Cheers
George

Top Bottom