Made by me. Super tough.
I call it the 'Tactical Marker'.
Uses the threaded Sharpie refill.

tacticalmarker_cm.jpg

penturners.png

pt.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

SDB777

That 'spike' on the end....I can see many applications. Then you could trace around the mugger afterward with the sharpie!

I like your thinking!!!

Scott (what lathe please) B

MNBob

The knurling was done with a standard diamond knurl, on my lathe. The barrel is 6061 aluminum and the tool tips are 7075 aluminum.
In addition to writing, the Tactical Marker is a tool for camping, hiking, punching leather and sheet metal or using as an awl, breaking hard ground, breaking and gripping ice, prying, rope work, etc

jttheclockman

The knurling was done with a standard diamond knurl, on my lathe. The barrel is 6061 aluminum and the tool tips are 7075 aluminum.
In addition to writing, the Tactical Marker is a tool for camping, hiking, punching leather and sheet metal or using as an awl, breaking hard ground, breaking and gripping ice, prying, rope work, etc

Thanks Bob. I have a tactical pen that is in the planning stage that someday I want to try and would love to use the knurling idea on it. But unfortunately the only lathe I have is a Jet midi wood lathe. It is a nice technique though. Makes it look really professional. Thanks for showing.

Curly

I'm not a fan of tactical pens and if used the courts here would likely see it as a premeditated act, so I might just as well carry a knife. I like the pen except for the spike part obviously. Is the clip also aluminium, what alloy, and is it screwed to the end or fastened by some other means? Thanks

Timbo

OK...You've done it Bobby!!! Once we move and I get the room, there will definitely be a metal lathe in my future. That looks like it was so much fun to make. Awesome job!

PAbernathy

I'm not a fan of tactical pens and if used the courts here would likely see it as a premeditated act, so I might just as well carry a knife. I like the pen except for the spike part obviously. Is the clip also aluminium, what alloy, and is it screwed to the end or fastened by some other means? Thanks

Well....if getting mugged and the pen saves me....I prefer to be judged by 12 than carried by 6....;)

MNBob

The clip is secured by 10-32 screw. The one pictured is 7075. May be Titanium G2 for the production versions.
The clip is press formed.
The Spike could be or not be used.

wwneko

Super slick, you don't have to use the spike but if you need it, who cares what the courts would say. Use only if NEEDED, if you don't NEED it, simply keep it in your pocket.

magpens

Very nice work indeed !! Does the sharp end have a chamber to carry poison ? :biggrin:

What's the piece in the middle top of the first photo ?

Where can I get threaded Sharpie refills ? Not familiar with Sharpies.

Top Bottom