Angle Cut Bloodwood

200511815265_Perfume%20Pen%20Shape%20E.jpg

Purpleheart

2005118151549_Perfume%20Pens%20Shape%20A.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Fred in NC

These look great, Garry!

I don't have the final word on this, of course, but my personal opinion is that items that fall in the same category as pens count. They are all turned on a mandrel using essentially the same technique.

I just got a few of those kits, so I have to get busy. Brrr, garage is COLD !!!

WoodChucker

Garry, those look really nice! I made a few of the spray type and gave them away as Xmas gifts. I have two more already turned just waiting to be put together. My wife has been using hers daily for a few months now and she loves it. That one is in my album if you want to look at it. Anyway, yours look good and thanks for sharing!

R.T.

penhead

Local Chapter Leader
Both look really nice..nice wood, nice design, good craftsmanship...

...but having never turned one of these, I have to ask, what exactly is a perfume pen...perfume in one side and pen in the other...??

JohnPayton

opus

Those are really nice Garry, I've turned a couple for the wife and my mom, they really like them.
John, it's a small applicator with a reservoir that holds perfume, no ink pen involved. ( but that is a great idea!! perfume and ink pen combo )

Randy_

I haven't tried either the perfume pens or the atomizers yet; but both look like they should be popular with the ladies.....as gifts or as sale items. The PSI catalog says the perfume pens require a 1" blank. A lot of the big pen blanks are only 3/4". Can those be used or do you really need a 1" blank??

opus

Randy,
The ones I made were from 3/4 blanks, depending on your turning design they should work, I kept mine fairly slim (1/2")I believe the bushings were about 3/8" for the ends.

melogic

Gary,
The best thing I found for the perfume pens is to have a card printed for the use and care of the pen. Instructions come with the pens and I just used business cards and printed the use and care on one side and my business card on the other. I have sold 50 or more of those things just since August of last year. My wife and daughter really like turning these as well. We did a couple of these out of acrylic and they look really awesome. They were special order for Christmas and I did not get a picture of them. Have fun and by the way, they look really nice.

wpenm

Mark I put the care and instructions on one side of a card and on the other side I put my 30 day money back guarantee and contact information. I also try to include some information about the wood that was used. Thanks for your input. I appreciate it.

Thank-you everyone for looking and for your comments. Have a fantastice day and happy turning.

dougle40

perfume in one side and pen in the other...??

I find that funny , I don't know just how many people who have looked at mine and taken off the top and tried to write with it !!
I've since changed the sign to read "Perfume <u>Applicator</u> Pen" .

melogic

I have also had people pick up my other pens and ask why they don't smell like the other one (perfume pen) did. Then they ask if you can write with them. I also had the I.A.P logo on some of my business cards with member listed beside it, and I had someone ask me "What is a penturner?"

dougle40

I've found that the atomizers don't get the same responce as the pens do . I sell a lot more perfume pens than atomizers .
The 2 attached pics are , first , Honduran Rosewood and second , Box Elder .

2005121171746_Perfume%20Rosewood%20006-1-s.jpg
<br />

2005121171832_Perfume%20Box%20Elder%20008%20-1-s.jpg
<br />

ryannmphs

nice perfume pens. I've got a couple of the atomizer kits at home, just waiting to be done up. They were supposed to be Christmas presents but I ran out of time, guess they will become B-day presents instead.

Ryan

dougle40

Could the pen be made with 'blind hole' blanks?
Probably could but you'd still have to put in the brass tubes because the perfume is drawn up into a wick that is inside it and without the tube the perfume would just soak into the wood . You would have to figure out a way of sealing the bottom end of the tube for the same reason.

PenPauli

I really like the way the angle cut bloodwood looks. Very nice. I've had atomizer kits since I started turning a few months ago. I guess I should start making some. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom