DNA - Veneer

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from wood-of-1kind

wood-of-1kind

Here's something a little different. A blank (pen) made out of sheets of tekwood veneers. There's hundreds and hundreds of sheets (so many I lost count:eek:). After a thorough "soaking" of CA, I gave it a go and turned this chrome cigar. Slow process to "turn" since the "sheets" have to be sliced cut to prevent explosion.

I got a total of six blanks from my veneer block and will do other style of pens. This "DNA" veneer was named as such by a friend who suggested the name since it resembles the "cells of life":confused: Hope that you like it and take a moment to drop a comment.

P1010019.JPG

P1010007.JPG

P1010008.JPG

P1010014.JPG

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rum Pig

I like the look of the pen for a distance but the closeup photos do it no justice.
I'm sure it is better in the flesh.
well done.
What finish did you use?

wood-of-1kind

I like the look of the pen for a distance but the closeup photos do it no justice.
I'm sure it is better in the flesh.
well done.
What finish did you use?

CA finish. Closeup shot is a bit rough but the finished pen is very much acceptable. It is much better than photographed.

David Keller

That's a great looking blank, but the finish looks a little rough in the photos. I'd love to know more about the process you used to get the varied pattern rather than just simple stripes.

Top Bottom