DIW Burl Imperial

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from IPD_Mrs

IPD_Mrs

Finally got a photo that I am pretty happy with thanks to Gerry.
The wood is none other than Nolan's Desert Ironwood Burl. The pen was a gift from Linda. All comments good bad and ugly. I can't improve if you guys don't tell me if you see something wrong.

Mike

20083231111_diwimp3.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
Even at 3X your fit is perfect and the finish looks wonderful. I can, however, still see your blue shirt in the reflection of the post end. [8D]

Grizz

Banned
Beautiful pen. Since we seem to be trying to catch everything, I can see the blue shirt in the clip as well. Just below the bottom gold emblem. LOL That's looking hard. [}:)]

karlkuehn

Banned
Really nice photo! Very clear, good lighting, and the pen is outstanding. The Imperial is still the best kit on the planet as far as I'm concerned. Elegant modern design with the bamboo leaf elements...mmmmm...very cool pen! :)

IPD_Mrs

Lou,
Thank you for catching the reflection. The photo below shows the correction. Great eyes.:)
Grizz,
Actually there is no blue in that portion of the clip. Double checked it with the original raw photo blown up 6x.
Chuck,
The pen components came from Linda as a gift. All I did was turn it. The improvement question was to ask if you guys see anything wrong with the pen.
Cav,
Yes it was a good thing otherwise the pen would look peachy and fuzzy![:p]
Dan,
Yes this was from the last over the top burl that Nolan cut open.
Roy,
Maybe we should talk to CSUSA about a Blue Ti kit! :D
Jar,
I owe her much more than a shopping spree, but this is a family site and these things shall just go unspoken.[}:)]
Everyone else thank you for your comments, they are really appreciated. I don't post too many photos, but when I do, I really am looking for the comments that Lou and Grizz post. This is what helps me to improve and not worry as much about what a customer might find. Thanks again.

20083233437_diwimp4.jpg

VisExp

Mike

I have already posted comments on the picture on the Photography section. As to the pen, I think it is beautiful. An amazing blank combined with a stylish kit. Just the right amount of "muted bling" :D

I appreciate you wanting criticism. It is something I like to get when I post a pen in SOYP. As you said how can you advance if you don't know what you are doing wrong.

Nolan

:D Well its kinda like christmas huh Mike? Very nice job on the pen Your photos are outstanding and of couse will only get better with Gerry looking at them. Heh how about one of them two toned blanks on a Statesman next?[:p]

JohnU

I think the kit is perfect with the wood selection. The gold accents really highlight the lighter wood areas. I get discouraged when looking to buy blanks and see how much some are, like DI, until I see its potential like you have shown in this pen. You really know how push that "over the top" blank even higher!

Not wanting to be misunderstood.... I dont in any way mean that these blanks are over priced. I just haven't perfected my skills yet to make these high end pens and dont want to destroy a blank with beautiful potenial. My money dreams of being in Nolans pockets someday!

Marc Phillips

Beautiful pen!

The photo... real nice and clear...

But my 2 cents is to add a small light to get at least a little reflection on the finish... it looks dull on my monitor, like there's no finish at all....

.... and I would move the upper barrel backwards just a tad so the ring would show and not be hidden behind the upper lower barrel...

Just my humble opinion...
awe.gif

Nolan

Originally posted by JohnU

I think the kit is perfect with the wood selection. The gold accents really highlight the lighter wood areas. I get discouraged when looking to buy blanks and see how much some are, like DI, until I see its potential like you have shown in this pen. You really know how push that "over the top" blank even higher!

Not wanting to be misunderstood.... I dont in any way mean that these blanks are over priced. I just haven't perfected my skills yet to make these high end pens and dont want to destroy a blank with beautiful potenial. My money dreams of being in Nolans pockets someday!

PM sent

IPD_Mrs

Marc you are 100% correct. I have a very hard time with getting a shine to show in the finish without having hot spots.

JohnU - be careful when dealing with Nolan...He and his wood are HIGHLY addictive. However you could not ask for a better source or addiction! :D

Steve, there is a crack in the burl??? Where??? [}:)] Thank you for the compliment from across the pond.

Mike & Linda

JohnU

Originally posted by MLKWoodWorking

JohnU - be careful when dealing with Nolan...He and his wood are HIGHLY addictive. However you could not ask for a better source or addiction! :D

Mike & Linda

Ive been admiring his wood pics for the past couple months, being very envious of those who get them and saving up to feed the addiction! :)

Top Bottom