Dive(SCUBA) Flag pen

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from its_virgil

Status
Not open for further replies.

its_virgil

My wife and daughter are SCUBA divers and challenged me to make a pen using the dive flag...red rectange with white vertical stripe to warn of SCUBA divers below. Here are the two I came up with. How's that for ending a sentence in two prepositions? Enjoy and comments welcome.

2005327202915_dive%20flag.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Lou: Thanks for looking and the comments. Off to turn a snake skin for a good friend. Hope it works out.

Sam: I like the larger one also, but the girls like the smaller one. Gol figure.

Bob: Show away and I hope your friend likes it. The larger flag is made from a short piece of red corian cut on the diagonal with white plastic laminated in between. This pen is made from mahogany. The shorter flag is made from BE maple. The flag section is cut on the diagonal with the white plastic laminated in between. The flag is dyed red with analine dye. Black fiber washers on each end and the flag is sandwiched back between the two pieces from which it was removed. Care must be taken to get the white stripe as close to corner to corner as possible for the flag to look good. It took me 4 tries to get a flag that I liked.

Do a good turn daily!
Don

Great pens and great idea, my son is now taking scuba lessons, so...... something similiar might just show up in the Cincinatti area.

Deere41h

Hey Don....How come you didn't bring those along Saturday. They are really nice. I like the way you put the flags in. Thanks for sharing with us.

its_virgil

They were in one of the pen cases. Sorry you missed seeing them, but I never did actually show my pens, though. I used the bolt guage for the transmission this evening and really like it. Picking up some elevator bolts tomorrow. They should get me to the top floor.
Do a good turn daily!
Don

PenWorks

Nice looking pens Don, I guess you showed them.
Couldn't tell you about the prespositions,
I would have to check with William1952, my english teacher.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom