See more from RDH79

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

RDH79

OOppps.

Attachments

• DSCN5830.jpg
    DSCN5830.jpg
    73 KB · Views: 577
That is a cool looking pen. If a first or second grade kid could use one of those in class, they would be the envy of the room. Not to say it is childish looking, it looks great I love the colors and they are well laid out .

toddlajoie

I was in the post office the other day and saw those stamps and thought they would make a nice pen, but I have not gotten into casting yet. That confirms my thoughts, it looks fantastic!!!

LagniappeRob

I was in the post office the other day and saw those stamps and thought they would make a nice pen, but I have not gotten into casting yet. That confirms my thoughts, it looks fantastic!!!

I picked up a set of these stamps for the same reason... I'm holding on to them until I get better with the casting.

Sataro

That is one sharp looking stamp pen. If I understood correctly, no casting involved here. Just turn a wood blank to slightly undersize, apply stamps, put layers of CA on pen, & then finish as usual. For those of us who have not got into casting yet, we can make a pen like this without waiting on casting skills.

Thanks for displaying this pen. I have not tried this out yet but I'm ready to gather a few stamps & try one.

SteveJ

Haven't done anything like a stamp pen, but I will probably try one this week. My son and daughter-in-law just got back from their honeymoon today. Maybe I can get it done before they see us in a couple of days.

RDH79

Thanks everyone for the comments.
Nope there was no casting involved. The hardest part was sticking the stamps on. Then I CA'd just like it was a wood blank. I picked the 2 best movies to show the full stamp . But you can tell what the others are also. I bought some of the Civil War, Cherry Blossoms at Washington D.C. and Willie Stargell( Pitts Pirates player) from when I was a kid. Hope to make a seirra or aero sometime.
So go ahead and try it it was really easy.

RDH79

Hi Stephen. I will try to write this betwen customers. What I done was slow the lathe down as slow as it would go. Then on the first coat I had a good puddle of med ca on a piece of (I use the thin foam that is layed down under hardwood floors) and only make 1 pass no pressure put on the stamps shut the lathe off and don't touch it for 5 mins then just do a 6 or more layers of ca. I quit using paper towel a couple yrs ago you can get a thicker layer of ca on in less time. You could also stop the lathe and spin by hand hope this helps.
Rich H

Really funny, my wife bought a sheet of these and I had the same thought to make one...just never got around to it.

Looks good. They sold out of these at our post office.

Top Bottom