Disappointed

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CaptG

CaptG

I have been working on blanks in different colors. The carbon fiber blanks are black, then for a two tone they mix materials like carbon fiber/fiberglass, carbon fiber/kevlar, and so on. These mix's are a lot thicker and stiffer than the carbon fiber and a real bear to work with. Then I found a light weight fiber glass in assorted colors and decided to give it a go. I am having mixed feelings about the end results. The fiber glass lays a lot flatter and does not give the depth that the carbon fiber does. Also the fiber glass came to me with a lot of "specks" and tiny pieces of "stuff" on the fiber. It is not really apparent untill after casting and the round, clear pr acts like a magnifying glass. They are not bad looking pens, but they are not what I would sell. Tell me what you think. All comments welcome and appreciated. The yellow shows the weave the best. I have a green and also a blue that are darker and show less weave than the red.

Attachments

• colored fg 001.jpg
    colored fg 001.jpg
    22.5 KB · Views: 360
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

akbar24601

They look good from here Gary! Let's see the Blue and the Green as well. Like I say, they look really good but you are the one that deals with this stuff far more than I so you know what you are looking for! Keep up the good work though. Your persistence will definitely pay off in the end!

mickr

they aren't screaming buy me..but I don't hate them either..I bet they look better in person than on my screen..but my taste is different than others, so hey, they may make you millions

workinforwood

I'm not that crazy about them, but a picture is not the same as real life, and your photo is a little blurry. If there is some "debris" in the blank and thus it should not be for sale by your standards..then I can't disagree with that. In real life, do they have that same shimmery and confusing effect as the normal ones do?

broitblat

At least from the pictures, I don't see the specks or other stuff in there.

I think they're generally good looking and bright colors but a totally different animal than the CF. You get a nice sense of texture, but less sense of structure.

-Barry

Top Bottom