Digested Grass Sierra

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from patmurris

patmurris

Hi all! :)

Last month i went up to one of the barns i inherited from my father in the French southern Alps. It is located around 4000 feet, just above a village where my family has some roots.

My father used to bring me on his 'lands' - a small hour hike from the village, where we would tour the few old barns scattered here and there. Each time we came to one, he used to complain about a cousin he let use the place to park his sheep, and who obviously didn't ever care to clean up the place. The manure layers have accumulated and dried over the years, reaching a good foot thickness in one place... more then enough to cut a few pen blanks: :biggrin:

Fumier%20Mouton%2003_800.jpg

Fumier%20Mouton%2004_800.jpg

Tournage%20Stylos%20118_800.jpg

Turning the material wasn't too bad (with a bit of thin CA), if not for a couple embedded small stones. However, i managed to damage one bushing and spread metallic dust over one end of the sierra tube... The overall result was not that great though and i wasn't decided to use a kit with it, but then i had a damaged kit i wasn't going to use anyway and went ahead.

Before anybody asks, it does not smell bad - it's just digested grass. :rolleyes:

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Rick P

LOL Taking a cue from the Alaskan Moose nugget industry? I have seen everything from ear rings to hat pins to swizzle sticks for your cocktails made from Moose poo. Not pens.........yet.

SDB777

Surprised noone has said your pen looks like ______? Only cause it is truly made from it, not of the quality!

Scott (certainly thinking outside the envelop) B

patmurris

...Thanks a lot for the funny words, your comments have me laughing out loud!
I especially like the "pen that's already been eaten" although the "pen in their mouth" thing is quite tasty too! :biggrin:

Last edited:

ohiococonut

Digested grass..................that STILL has me laughing. I've heard it called a lot of things over the years, but NEVER digested grass. :laugh:
What you should do is show it to people and ask for their opinion. After they've fondled it for a while then tell them what it is :eek: Just make sure the ground is soft, someone is bound to just let it go.

Nice pen btw

patmurris

...now i'd guess next time i'll be selling some (timber) blanks in the classifieds, people will worry about what kind of freebie they may find in their package! :biggrin:

patmurris

Last edited:
Top Bottom