"Different" wood source for blank

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from dwarmbrodt

dwarmbrodt

Hello all!

A plain Jane piece of wood, but what is it? Better question is where did it come from? Answer to follow.

Attachments

• stock1.jpg
    stock1.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 312
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

dwarmbrodt

The butt of a butchered WWII Japanese Arisaka 7.7 rifle stock.

Attachments

• stock2.jpg
    stock2.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 215
Last edited:

dwarmbrodt

It is from a rifle I got many years ago and as you can see "Bubba" cut it down to "sporterize" it. I found an untouched stock and restored the rifle back to its original configuration. So this has been in my stock pile along with othesr in same condition. Lets see, I have mausers, P17 Eddystone, M14 stocks to mention a few. I work alot of gun shows for my real job, and making pens from stocks may be my niche. Gun shows also are a good place to troll for deals on broken or cut stocks. I have seen old military guns with beautiful wood....

markgum

It is from a rifle I got many years ago and as you can see "Bubba" cut it down to "sporterize" it. I found an untouched stock and restored the rifle back to its original configuration. So this has been in my stock pile along with othesr in same condition. Lets see, I have mausers, P17 Eddystone, M14 stocks to mention a few. I work alot of gun shows for my real job, and making pens from stocks may be my niche. Gun shows also are a good place to troll for deals on broken or cut stocks. I have seen old military guns with beautiful wood....

great idea. will have to check out the next gun show

Top Bottom