A Different Way To Cast PR

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ribanett

ribanett

Last year my best customer asked if I could do color bands on a stylus pen. It took me a few months to develop the process.

5477.jpg
1107.jpg
2471.jpg
6297.jpg

8975.jpg
1288.jpg
6784.jpg
2861.jpg

8754.jpg
1278.jpg

blocks100.jpg

These color combinations are high school colors plus a few "Fun Colors" that Judy has ordered. She owns three clothing/uniform stores in the Fort Worth area.

Thanks for looking.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ribanett

The question on eveybody's mind "Is he going to give away his secret?". Nice job...

I am thinking about a toot for the Library after I get a few bugs worked out. It will not be for the faint of heart! Requires building some special equipment, attention to details AND a 14 layer pour takes a little over 2 hours elapsed time (total time on the actual pour about 30 min). I hope to bring the time down by fixing the few bugs I have found.

BSea

As for someone who has attempted this, GREAT JOB!! Anyone who has done any casting can somewhat imagine what goes into layering like that.

tommy2tone

The question on eveybody's mind "Is he going to give away his secret?". Nice job...

I am thinking about a toot for the Library after I get a few bugs worked out. It will not be for the faint of heart! Requires building some special equipment, attention to details AND a 14 layer pour takes a little over 2 hours elapsed time (total time on the actual pour about 30 min). I hope to bring the time down by fixing the few bugs I have found.
So I am guessing you poured the layers on top of each other? Looking at it, they seem to be poured side by side....

stonepecker

I so admire what the people who pour do. Like certain blanks, they are one of a kind. Personally, I just don't have that kind of time/skill/money to invest. I do read the library and look at what is posted. Somethings just leave me knowing how much I should learn....right now, I just don't have the time to learn. Soon enough I will be retired and then I will have more time on my hands.
Please teach (put into the library) all of us. It would be a shame if the skill was lost to all.

ribanett

So I am guessing you poured the layers on top of each other? Looking at it, they seem to be poured side by side....

Yes, the pour is from bottom up. It is a little more involved than just pouring PR. The blocks I make take about 2 hours to pour and remember PR shrinks as it sets-up.

Think about it :befuddled:

Top Bottom