A different waste wood pen and pencil

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from 79spitfire

79spitfire

So I have an unusual problem. I live in the desert, but I have a problem with volunteer willow saplings. They spring up out of no where all spring and summer long. We do our best to keep them cut down but those of you who live back east where wood saplings are a common weed know, it's a never ending battle.

Anyway, I was looking at a pile of these twigs that had been cut last year and realized that they might be useful. So I cut these up and cast them in PR. After the mess had solidified I cut it up and made a couple of projects.

A Stratus pencil and a Manhattan click pen. The Stratus blank was cut at right angle to the twigs and the Manhattan pen they run lengthwise. I have some more and I'm thinking of cutting it at a 45deg angle to the twigs, for a nice compromise....

Sorry about the photo quality. I think I'm going to have to invest in a light box...

Attachments

• Willow_Pens.JPG
    Willow_Pens.JPG
    48.9 KB · Views: 263
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
Nice job as far as one can see. What strikes me is that you are experimenting and that is what is important. This is how you will develop a style. I can see that the lines on both pens look great but I cannot see much detail...

SDB777

Photo is a little dark...

Thinking that the pen on the left has the 'saplings' running vertically, and the one on the right is 'crosscut'?

Scott (saplings are cool) B

79spitfire

Photo is a little dark...

Thinking that the pen on the left has the 'saplings' running vertically, and the one on the right is 'crosscut'?

Scott (saplings are cool) B

Yes,

Next investment, I light box. I have one picked out at Amazon, I need to collect on an order tomorrow before I can justify the expenditure...

Top Bottom