Different Statesman

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ed4copies

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
From time to time, Dawn hands me plastic with a simple, "Can you turn this??"

Of course, I'm a guy!!! YES, I can turn it!!!!

What is it???

So, here's one - the blank was an amber color on the outside, this is what it was, on the inside:
2008616201531_bakelitenet.jpg

<center>
She says its "bakelite".</center>

To clarify, it is NOT home-made (thanks for thinking it WAS!!!)

Nice smell, turns ok. I like the pen, what do you think?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Originally posted by smoky10

Very nice pen Ed, did you paint the inside or tube?

No,

It looked opaque - and it was.

"Do as I say, not as I do" for those of you who have heard me caution&lt; "When in doubt, paint!!!"

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
She "acquired" 2 sticks.

So, it will have a sibling.

She spends about 36 hours a day on the internet, looking for "oddball" stuff.

bitshird

Ed that is a super pen, there is another pen on here that looks to be the same material, it may be pricey, but it's beautiful. I'm thinking I might want some I may sing soprano for a bit but for a killer pen what have I got to loose, I all ready have grand kids[B)][B)][B)][:p]

rdunn12

Great looking pen Ed!And no real man would say nope can't turn that.It's kind of like admitting you are lost and needing directions.Not gonna happen.:D:D

PR_Princess

Originally posted by rdunn12

Great looking pen Ed!And no real man would say nope can't turn that.It's kind of like admitting you are lost and needing directions.Not gonna happen.:D:D

Thank you for that little bit of insight! I can see where that will become very useful in the future!!!! [}:)][}:)][}:)]:D:D

BTW, Ed does have a Garmin. He not only ignores it, but also manages to argue with it too!! :D[:0][:0][:0]

rdunn12

Originally posted by PR_Princess

Thank you for that little bit of insight! I can see where that will become very useful in the future!!!! [}:)][}:)][}:)]:D:D

BTW, Ed does have a Garmin. He not only ignores it, but also manages to argue with it too!! :D[:0][:0][:0]

No problem,anything I can do to help.:D[}:)]:D

cowchaser

Originally posted by PR_Princess

Is it Garmin or a back seat driver that he ignores and argues with? I have the back seat driver.[:0][}:)]:D Would have been cheaper get the Garmin.

Love the pen Ed. Next time that Garmin starts barking just unplug it. [}:)]

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thank you, one and all!!

The Garmin is USUALLY reliable. Really "pops my cork" when it suddenly announces I should "U-turn at next opportunity!!"

Otherwise, we get along ok. (It's also uninspired when routing around flood water!!)

keithkarl2007

You have 36 hour days over there? No wonder you are getting to turn more than us:D:D
Originally posted by ed4copies

She "acquired" 2 sticks.

So, it will have a sibling.

She spends about 36 hours a day on the internet, looking for "oddball" stuff.

karlkuehn

Banned
Wow, that's a cool looking blank! Hard to get that kind of swirl with PR. Nice looking pen, Ed! Nice to know you're worthwhile for something every now and again for the Dawnster. hehe [:p]:D

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
<center>NEW DEVELOPMENT!!</center>

PR-PRINCESS has located and purchased a few more bakelite blanks that look like this, as well as a couple other colors and patterns (some is supposed to be "pure black") SHE will be offering SOME for sale.

IF you are interested, send her a PM through the forum. She SHOULD have possession mid next week, we have documents showing it is in transit.

This is old bakelite from the 30's and 40's, it is NOT new and there is a VERY limited supply, worldwide.

Top Bottom