a different slim

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from Glenn McCullough

Status
Not open for further replies.
made this with oak burl and ebonite using a 7mm euro clip cap. Made a ebonite cap finnial, but didnt like it as much as the gold.
a different kind of cap treatment was in order. It was a time consuming trial and error process for a slimline. I think it works, though.

0619153423_ebonite%20oak%20burl%207mm%20euro%20cap.jpg

200619153449_ebonite%20oak%20burl%20euro%20cap.jpg

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

its_virgil

Nice going Glenn..the first pen like this is time consuming but the next ones will be easier and quicker. Slimlines are so cooll in what we can do with them.
Do a good turn daily!
Don
Originally posted by oobak
<br />made this with oak burl and ebonite using a 7mm euro clip cap. Made a ebonite cap finnial, but didnt like it as much as the gold.
a different kind of cap treatment was in order. It was a time consuming trial and error process for a slimline. I think it works, though.

0619153423_ebonite%20oak%20burl%207mm%20euro%20cap.jpg

200619153449_ebonite%20oak%20burl%20euro%20cap.jpg

JimGo

Very cool Glen! I don't know that I like the finial you chose, but that's a personal tase (or lack thereof) issue on my part. I think a hidden clip with a solid ebonite finial would have looked better. But I really like the funky shape of the ebonite just below the clip, and the grip bump near the tip. Pretty nifty over all!

I did not turn the bulge near the bottom...as it warmed from polisjinh, I tightened the manderl nut. Yhought it was tihgteninh an awful lot then noticed the bulge appearing. When it got to this state, I stopped and let it cool down. I will have to remember this for a future affect.

angboy

I like the pen- beautiful wood and nicely done to make it unique and have character. I'm confused though about that bulge... Do you know why or does anyone else know why that would happen? From the description, it sounds like it got hot enough that it just kind of smushed (I'm using technical jargon here, hope everyone can keep up! [}:)]) together when the nut was tightened? Can wood get that hot? And what would have happened to the tube inside? Would it have been able to smush like that too?

Thumbs

Wow! I like it![8D] Smushed or not, it is really a neat looking pen![;)] Looks like you took the opportunity presented by a mistake and made it into a benefit. Just the way you are supposed to!....

I know you can "smush" a bare tube (DAMHIKT) so if the ebonite softened by heat I supposed it could definitely allow the tube to "smush!" Great Save![:D]

Scott

Hi Glenn,

I think it is very cool! I've been thinking about it ever since I saw it come up on the PMG gallery. I am still looking forward to doing some work with you!

Scott.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom