Different flag concept

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from THarvey

THarvey

The company I work with manufactures webbing. I picked up this sample. Wrapped it around a 7mm tube, then built it up with CA.

I like the concept. Think I might try casting with PR next time.

Comments welcome.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Webbing Slim Line.jpg
    Webbing Slim Line.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 454
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Gary Max

heck---I would take that back to work and try and sell it to the owner/boss----you might get a nice order out of the deal.
I think it is very cool.

THarvey

heck---I would take that back to work and try and sell it to the owner/boss----you might get a nice order out of the deal.
I think it is very cool.

The owner is in Japan. :rolleyes:

I am thinking about making a few for our Senior Leadership Team here in Alabama. :biggrin: Maybe for Christmas, if they are good. :rotfl:

I need to learn to cast these. There are gas bubbles trapped in the CA.

THarvey

If I can get molds and learn to cast, I may offer a few of these here. Maybe in 10" tubes, so you can cut to the length you like. :biggrin:

jttheclockman

Now that has alot of potential. Talk to Gary, CaptG. You two might be able to go into partners. Is that a sleeve or do you have to cut it and show a seam??? Nice work by the way. Thanks for showing.

THarvey

Now that has alot of potential. Talk to Gary, CaptG. You two might be able to go into partners. Is that a sleeve or do you have to cut it and show a seam??? Nice work by the way. Thanks for showing.

It's a flat web. The width of the web is the circumferance of the 7mm tube. There is a visible seam where the sides meet.

Last edited:

Randy_

Nice idea; but, honestly, the flag theme is not fully developed. There are no red and white stripes. You might want to think about carrying the theme to the barrel of the pen. A flag isn't really a flag without stripes. Take a look at the kit done by Ken Nelsen or the one sold by PSI.

THarvey

Nice idea; but, honestly, the flag theme is not fully developed. There are no red and white stripes. You might want to think about carrying the theme to the barrel of the pen. A flag isn't really a flag without stripes. Take a look at the kit done by Ken Nelsen or the one sold by PSI.

The way the web is printed, the stripes carry to the other side of the pen. I took the pic to show the blue field.

I agree about taking the theme to the whole pen. Since I was building this up with CA, I only did a small tube, to find if the web would hold to the tube.

How much of the stars and stripes shows on the pen depends on the section of the web used. The piece with the pen is a sample of the web I used.

mbroberg

IAP Activities Manager, Emeritus
Great concept. I like it and am looking forward to seeing more as you develop the idea.

THarvey

Nice idea!How is the robbon sold?

This is actually nylon webbing (similar to tie down straps). This one is made for a customer that makes child car sets and other juvenile safety devices. It is about a 1/16" thick and 1" wide.

We sell to manufacturers in 1000 yard increments.

I am going to see if I can buy 25 yd rolls and at what price.

THarvey

If you can buy iot in shorter lengths, I would like to try a yard or so.

Kevin

If I can buy a single roll, I will be glad to cut a few pieces.

I also need to find out who owns the pattern. If it is our customer, there will be no way I can get any thing more than this sample. :confused:

Top Bottom