A Different Eagle Design

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from TribalRR

TribalRR

I finally got a warm day that I was able to devote to turning so here is my version of his "Sexy" blank. I haven't seen anyone recreate this blank and I think it deserved to be put back on display. Its made from Ebony veneer and Lime Green card stock. Theres a little story behind this, I made this as a bribe to my wife to get her to return my very first 360 Herringbone that she's had for almost a year. Luckily it worked because Lime Green is her favorite color not mine... Anyway let me know what you think.

Attachments

• DSC_0005.jpg
    DSC_0005.jpg
    50.2 KB · Views: 553
  • DSC_0015.jpg
    DSC_0015.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 524
  • DSC_0016.jpg
    DSC_0016.jpg
    38.8 KB · Views: 383
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

leehljp

Member Liaison
FAN-TASTIC! You made Eagle proud just mentioning his name - and he would turn around and give you full credit for your own thinking! Actually give credit to LOYL for "inspiring" you to do that.

This is another one that ought to be at least in a special folder. It is the kind that will inspire others for sure.

sbell111

That reminds me that I still haven't gotten around to throwing together the pinned bending jig. I need to get on that.

bitshird

Nice job Chip.it is rather a sexy pen, and your right, it does need to be seen, I agree with Hank, somewhere there need to be a special folder for some of these Phenomenal pens that have been done by some of you guys that make the rest of us go *&&^*&*%&^$*&% why can;t I do that., (other than not having the talent)

patharris

Local Chapter Leader
Very attractive pen Chip. How many layers make up the blank. It is really awesome that you thought to use a card colored card blank to get the desire effect with the wood vineer.
Pat

TribalRR

Thanks everyone!

This blank is actually quite easy to make, its more ingenious in its design which is all Eagle.

Pat, the finished pen has 23 layers but because of the way its made you would need a minimum 35 layers. I made the blank .75" so I guessing there was originally 54 layers.

Last edited:

VisExp

Very nice Chip. Glad to hear you were able to get back into the shop. Not long now and you'll be able to spend more time there. I'm looking forward to seeing the results.

Top Bottom