Different color scallops

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from mikespenturningz

Ok so on one of my other pens I was asked if I could make the scallops look different. The challenge was to make them the same color as the complimentary wood. I now know that this can be done but I did it a little different. I made one scallop the color of the main wood and the other the color of the complimenting wood. I only did this on the end of the pen that is with the pen closed. On the other end I did a little more conventional scallop. So now we know that it can in fact be done. Now before you jump on me the segments are not perfect on this pen but for what I had to do they are pretty good.

il_570xN.448981552_as1e.jpg

il_570xN.448981568_tfp8.jpg

Last edited:
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

Tom T

Wow and wow. (If it is really not up to your standards send it to Florida.)
Man that is great work. Thank you for sharing it.

Wow seamus7227 that is a real compliment, I have seen your scroll work and that takes patience. Thank you for these kind words. I thank all of you for your kind words. I do work hard at this and have learned so much from you guys about how to do these things. You have given me inspiration and really challenged me to work harder on the pens that are created through my hands.

Bigdaddy

I don't think I can recall any other pen turning style inspiring so many people as your turnings have done.... That's awesome.....you came out sharing your jig and designs, and others have joined in with enthusiasm including myself.

thank you.

Thank you Steve for those kind words. I am just learning this too along with all of you. I read some articles in the library and learned from them. I adapted what I learned and made it work for my shop. I don't have any really fancy tools here and have to do things with what I have. This has been fun and now I am getting to know many of you guys and gals better.

SDB777

Unfortunately, I could only give you 'one' LIKE on this....whereas I feel it deserves one for the patience and another for the quality of the work done!!

Scott (need a 'SUPER LIKE' button) B

Top Bottom