Different Cactus Churchill

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from gerryr

Status
Not open for further replies.

gerryr

This is the second one of these I've tried and finally got it right. This is one of Curtis's cactus blanks. After drilling I polished the inside of the tubes to get them smooth and also to make them a bit bigger to easily accept 4 coats of paint. I then painted the inside of the blanks with 2 coats of Fasflip Scarabeous made by Parma International followed by 2 coats of Fasblack, also by Parma. The black is necessary for the base color to "flip." These are water based paints developed for Lexan model bodies. The Faslip paints are metallic, this one changes from green to blue depending on how the light is striking it. You can see some of the green along the centerline of the pen. It's interesting that the photo shows it as blue, but just holding it in normal room light, it's green. Titanium gold Churchill rollerball.
2007103031428_FasflipChurchill-2.jpg

Comments welcome and thanks to those who do comment.

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

gerryr

I hired some elves to crawl in there with sandpaper.[:0]
I wrapped sandpaper around one of my HF transfer punches and just sanded away. If I were to make very many like this I would definitely need to figure out a faster way to do it.

Fred

Gerry, congratulations on a most excellent pen. At first glance I thought, "Wow, that's a busy laser engraved pen!" Is it not amazing how nature holds so many hidden secrets? [:D]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom