Didn't make the casting contest

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from bgio13

bgio13

Tried to get this one done for the casting contest but didn't think it quite cut it. It was the colors I was going for but I think it came out a little dark. I was hoping for a little more "swirl" and probably a little more silver wouldn't have hurt. Just wondering what others thought. Alumilite resin mixed with red, black and silver paint, a little pearl ex, and reversed painted the blank silver. Thanks in advance,

Bill Giordano

Attachments

• pen.jpg
    pen.jpg
    106.9 KB · Views: 274
Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

jaeger

I think it looks Great!
There is always a certain satisfaction making a pen out of a blank created by yourself.

Sent from my iPhone using Forum Runner

BSea

That is a really nice blank. I like the color combination. What kind of paint did you use? I've never used paint with alumilte.

SDB777

Can't vote on something that didn't get entered....unless you had multiple entries:wink:

That is what I did last year, made multiple pens, then lined them up on the counter and 'picked' the one I thought would have the best chance... Had three to choose from(got lucky and picked out the 2nd place winner from the bunch).

You should have entered it anyway, you never know what everyone wants until the voting is over!

The cast shows some nice color separation, nice color combo, and you did a great job on the fit-n-finish.

Scott (had some issues this year for entries myself) B

Dalepenkala

It might be a bit dark buy still a great looking pen. I agree with Scott. Should have entered it anyway. Maybe reverse painting white may have lightened it up a shade. Just a thought.

I entered a pretty simple pen in the contest but consentrated in F&F. I'm sure it won't win but I really think the pen turned out sweet!

Last edited:

bgio13

Thanks for all the compliments. Who knows Scott, I may have snuck one in there last minute, but you'll have to wait till after the contest is over to find out. I do have some blanks left over so I'll try the white and see what the difference is and post a side by side photo in the future.

That is a really nice blank. I like the color combination. What kind of paint did you use? I've never used paint with alumilte.

Bob, I have Testors paint lying around that I use to reverse paint the blank. I was looking for something a little more solid looking to color Alumilite, I have the dyes but they are too translucent for me, so I figured why not try the paint.

Top Bottom