Did you miss that burl!?

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from CharlesH

CharlesH

Hey guys,

Here is an awesome one. This is johnm logwood burl, I got a good supply and I am happy! This is becoming one of my favorite. :)

The wood has the chatoyance of ironwood burl with the colors of afzelia, amboyna and the sapwood is really light, looks like fire colors to me.

There is some paper towel deposit on the close up shot, the finish is quite nice. On a side note, fresh MM pads makes finishing so much easier! ;)

See yourself, clicky the thumbnails.

Thanks and comments welcomed,

Charles

Orange and lighter side

Red and sappy side

Close up of red and sappy side

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
You make some very nice pens. Very clean and finished looking, ever one of them.
I have purchased some of Johnm`s blanks also Hond Rose burl , Ramon root, and Cocobolo and it is ALL Great wood. I have 4 peaces of log wood that I am afraid to use because its so expensive (to me at least ). Guess I will have to use it sooner or later.
Is your pen kit you use the only type of pen you make or do you use others also?

CharlesH

You make some very nice pens. Very clean and finished looking, ever one of them.
I have purchased some of Johnm`s blanks also Hond Rose burl , Ramon root, and Cocobolo and it is ALL Great wood. I have 4 peaces of log wood that I am afraid to use because its so expensive (to me at least ). Guess I will have to use it sooner or later.
Is your pen kit you use the only type of pen you make or do you use others also?

Hey there,

I use others, I am just lazy these days. :)

I concentrate on the finish and the selection of wood. Just click on "my gallery" in my signature, I have done different kits. ;)

Charles

David Keller

Fantastic... The finished wood is much nicer than I imagined from the photos of the blanks that I saw. Always a pleasure to see your finished products.

Top Bottom