Dichroic under PR by PRPrincess

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad
See more from ed4copies

Status
Not open for further replies.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
You knew she had to get dichroic glass into the penmaking world. Here is our first dichroic glass pen (hermetically sealed in polyresin and turned on a wood lathe).

2007820175119_dichro1net.jpg

2007820175140_dichro2net.jpg

Dichroic glass changes color as the light hits it, so this one is blue or gold, depending on your direction of viewing!!

Comments encouraged, and yes, we will be selling these blanks soon. E-mail for more information.:D:D

Signed-In Members Don't See This Ad

DCBluesman

Passed Away Mar 3, 2016
In Memoriam
I saw these pens at the DC Supershow and they are astounding. Beautiful work, Dawn and Ed. [8D]

For those of you who don't know about dichroic glass (like me), here's a brief description. Dichroic means two colors, and this glass appears to be different colors when viewed from different angles or in varying degrees of illumination. Dichroic glass is created by adding a thin layer of metallic oxides which transmit certain light wavelengths while reflecting others, causing an iridescent effect.
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&rlz=1T4SUNA_en___US204&defl=en&q=define:Dichroic+Glass&sa=X&oi=glossary_definition&ct=title
Dichroic glass comes from NASA research into mirror making.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
So, LOU!!!!!!!!

After reading MY informational poster, YOU decided to CHECK on my accuracy!!!!!!!!!!!

<center>I'M HURT!!!!!!!!!!!</center>

<center>(But, I was right, was'nt I??? I'm not SO hurt!!)</center>

Thanks for the additional information for those who were not in DC!![:D][:D][:D]

gerryr

I think I will get in line for some of these when they're available. I imagine this is much better nicer in person so you can play with the light angles.

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Thanks Michael!!

Be careful tho', Dawn thinks she should get "top billing" lately, so we have to assuage her ego!!!

More ideas on the drawing board, but big show in two weeks and profit beats speculation every time!!![:D][:D][:D][:D]

AND, she got a "last-minute" wholesale glass order two days ago that threw a real monkey wrench in the "job priority" file.[:0][:0][:0][:0]

rhahnfl

If it turns a nicely as the others that you sell you've got another winner. I can't wait till you have some to sell. Last night I turned 7 pens with the pr I got from you earlier.

IPD_Mrs

Hey Ed which size Sierra is that in your photo? I wonder because the glass looks like it is pretty close to the top of the resin.

Mike

ed4copies

Local Chapter Manager
Mike,

I used the normal sierra bushings, cause they matched the diameters of the hardware, although we thought we ordered "Vista"s, the bags were not marked that way.

And the glass IS close to the top. We will be experimenting with some solutions to that potential problem. Stay tuned!!

PenWorks

Super job, be interesting to see who ends up with top billing. [:)]
Kinda reminds me of the Pelikan pin stripes only a lot nicer.
Do you think the glass will crack if the pen is dropped? Not that people drop
nice pens [:0]

angboy

Originally posted by angboy
<br />It kinda reminds me of the candy-stripper blanks I have from someone named Ed...

Oops, when Lou quoted me, I see now that I made a typo... unless I knew something about Ed that the board didn't already know! [}:)]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom